60. Dreams

From a young age, Pep had heard it all about dreams, they didn't walk straight and she believed that. It all started when she was a teenager, right before her grandfather died. She didn't particularly like the man but she didn't hate him nor wanted him dead.

One night, Pep had a dream, in this dream, she was out grocery shopping with her granddad and her siblings. She was the one pushing the cart, that day her granddad had bought them all new shoes and she loved the pair that she got. Pep remembers clearly that in the dream while pushing the shopping cart she had stopped to look down at her new kicks and then back up at her grandfather, without missing a beat she looked back down to see her fresh, new shoes had withered and started to tear apart looking as if she had them for over a year and played football in them on a regular at the open field.

The next day, not thinking much about the dream, she went to school and did as she usually did; stay by herself. The same evening she came home to her mother in a crying fit; her granddad was in the hospital, in critical condition.

Ever since that day, Pep never wanted to dream again. She never wanted to in fear that something bad might happen to the person that she dreamt about and she never wanted to see anyone close to her die again after having a dream about them.

Pep has heard it all, she has heard persons claiming that their dreams come true, others saying that they never dream but when they do it definitely means something so why did Pep dream so often and so vividly? And why does she remember her shoe dream as if it was scripture to a pastor?

Pep's mind was filled with possibilities as she sat with her back against the headboard and Tash between her legs telling her about a dream she had yesterday when she had fallen asleep.

"I dreamt that Melody ran away," she had said. "But she didn't want to and was asking for me to come with her or something, I don't remember clearly."

Pep took a deep breath and said, "Melody is in the guest."

"She is? Why?" Tash looked around at Pep with a puzzled expression.

"She was kidnapped and was almost sold yesterday." Pep didn't meet Tash's gaze, she felt like a failure.

"Hey, hey, look at me." Tash took Pep's face into her hands and forced her to look at her face. "You didn't know, you guys had a procedure that was followed and was lucky enough to catch it before things got bad." Tash hugged Pep and said, "you did your best."

Did she?

Tash was downstairs making a hearty breakfast for everyone, Melody needed it after what she went through. Tash was also mentally preparing for the war that was at hand, she had a feeling that Pep made a big threat; a threat that she had to live up to. A threat that might put all of their lives in danger but Pep sometimes didn't think about the aftermath, it was all about what she was feeling in the moment.

"How are you feeling?" Tash asked Melody after Pep pulled out the high seat for her.

"Better, they drugged my ass so hard." Melody had a sick look on her face, Tash could only imagine what she had gone through.

"You're safe now, nothing like this will ever happen again." Tash moved to rest the plate stacked high with oatmeal pancakes, meatless bacon, and eggs in front of Melody before placing a soft kiss on her temple.

With a smile, Melody said "is this bacon bacon? Why it tastes like bacon but don't feel like bacon?"

"It's not technically bacon," Tash chuckled.

"Wait, so Pep is a vegetarian now too?" Melody raised one eyebrow in disbelief.

"I wish," Tash rolled her eyes, "she's a pescatarian though."

"So she only eats pussy?" A puscatarian." Melody laughed loudly at her own joke.

"That's not even funny." Pep walked back into the kitchen from the laundry room.

"It's pretty hilarious, she just didn't give me a chance to laugh." Tash held in her laughter by biting her lip.

Rolling her eyes, Pep walked out of the kitchen and to the stairs. Tash turned to face Melody with a bright smile, "so? What are we doing today?"

Homemade spa, horror movies, eating ice cream from the tub, ordering three large pizzas and a random dancing session later, Melody was beat and decided to go to bed early; as early as after 10 in the night may seem.

Tash took a shower, got dressed in a large black tshirt with her boxers and joined Pep in their king sized bed.

"So you finally remember me, huh?" Pep pouted.

"Babe, I'm sorry. It was a girl's day." Tash laughed.

"What the fuck am I? I'm sure not no nasty ass man." Pep quickly got up in a sitting position.

Tash threw herself onto Pep's lap in a fit of laughter while drawing her arms around her neck. They sat staring at each other, Pep waited on an answer while Tash stared contently at her lover's face.

"Have I ever told you that you are my favorite person in the world?" Tash asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I thought it was Melody." Pep decided to be petty.

Choosing to ignore it, Tash asked again "have I ever told you that you are my favorite person in the world?"

"Yes, you have." Pep gave in with a sigh.

"Do you believe me when I say it?" Tash ran her fingertip across the scar on Pep's face.

"I do. I'd be hurt if it wasn't me, even if you were your own favorite person." Pep admitted.

"Why?" Tash continued caressing Pep's face.

"Because you're supposed to love me. You're allowed to love yourself but you need to love me. You need to love me to the point where you feel lost without me, to the point where you'd do anything not to lose me." Pep paused, "it needs to be like that because that's how I feel about you and I'll put you in a grave before you ever decide to leave me for some other bitch"

Pep grabbed Tash by her jaw and said, "so don't fuck around."

Tash licked her lips with a devilish smile, grabbed onto the messy bun on top of Pep's head and pulled her head back. "And if it was the other way around, the bitch you fucking with and you bout to be in a grave."

Letting out a maniacal laugh, Tash said "so you nuh try bloodclaat fuck around."

Jumping off of Pep and landing on the soft mat by the beside, Tash slowly moved her body using her hands to caress her skin while the dim TV light shine against her melanin.

"Or maybe," Tash didn't miss a beat with her slow seductive moves, "I'll kill her, slow poison you or paralyze you from the waist down. The possibilities and combinations are endless, babe." Tash finally turned to face Pep with a smirk on her face.

Pep felt uneasy, yet still she was enthralled and turned on by Tash's confessions. "I love you."

"I love you too." Tash kissed Pep's forehead before climbing back onto her side of the bed.

Pep sat up and watched her bring the comforter up to her chin and set herself to comfortably fall asleep. Pep admired her face, the soft rise and fall of her back letting her know that her heart in human form was alive, was breathing and falling asleep beside her.

"Don't stay up the whole night, we have a big day tomorrow." Tash mumbled with her eyes still closed and shifted so that Pep was now looking at her back.

With a sigh, Pep slid down to cuddle behind Tash. It was the only way she knew how to fall asleep comfortably.

**
Short, sorry.

There was something I wanted to say.. it's 2:50AM AND I DO NOT REMEMBER.

P. s Anyways, I hope everyone is staying indoors and clean and stuff. Miss Rona needs to be out by the end of April.