22. Fancy boat ride.

I had two pots on the stove, one had Pep's red peas soup and the other had a three bean stew for Rayuga and I. Pep's soup had pigtails and chicken breast, dumplings, sweet potato and yam. My three bean stew had dumplings, sweet potato, pumpkin and yam. It was close to 6 and I was allowing them a few more minutes before I turned the fire off. We sat at the table and I was teaching Yuga how to roll with tobacco wraps, I lit my own and watched as she attempted to recreate what I just did. She ended up getting frustrated so I rolled it for her, a few minutes passed when I got up to turn the stove off.

"You're trying to tell me that with all the money that you're making, you haven't bought one suit?" I screwed up my face at Rayuga.

"I'm saying this with my chest, I haven't." Her already fine eyes now looked like small slits with the effect of the weed.

"You have to wear a suit tonight and you're just telling me this?" I hissed my teeth.

"Why am I wearing a suit to a boat ride?"

"It's a black tie event," I slapped her forehead.

"Abusive much." She grumbled.

I shared myself some of the stew and waved at Rayuga to follow me upstairs. The master bedroom was the furthest away, I basically ran because the bowl was hot and my nerves were screaming. I dropped the bowl onto the nightstand and sat down with a sigh of relief. She stepped in a few seconds later and came to stand in front of me.

"What now?" She took a long drag of her spliff.

"If any ash burns my rug I'm beating ya ass." I mean mugged her.

She rolled her eyes and outed the spliff in an ashtray that I had on top of the drawers. I pointed to the mirror and looked at her, we stared at each other for a good minute before I got up and slid the mirror to the left and flicked the light on. Her mouth opened in an "ooooooh" expression and I rolled my eyes.

"The left side is my side. My suits are towards the back." I rested a cushion on my lap before taking up the bowl.

"Holy shit! It's fucking huge in here, this a whole other room though." She gasped.

It was a good space, we both had way too much clothes. "Yeah, yeah just go look for the suit that can fit you goddammit." I rushed her.

"I'm like three whole ass feet taller than your short ass." She pointed out.

"Good point." I had completely missed that, majority of my suits were tailor made to fit.

"Wait.. I should have one in here that I bought online and it couldn't fit either of us." I spoke to myself as I returned the bowl back to the nightstand and made my way to the walk-in closet.

It was a dark blue suit with gold cufflinks that I thought could fit me but I was too short for the pants and kept forgetting to get it altered. I took the bag down from the rack and walked out of the closet to her.

"I'm literally going to charge you for this suit, I'll just take it from your paycheck." I didn't wait for an answer. "Go try it on."

She took the suit from me and went back into the closet sliding the door shut. I once again tried to drink my soup hoping that it had cooled down. I turned the tv on and shifted my body to face it while blowing on the soup I had on the spoon, I should open a restaurant with these gifted hands.

The mirror slid open and I heard, "a perfect fit."

I looked over at her and it was indeed a perfect fit. The pants sat on her hips without a belt and the leg was slim fit. The jacket wasn't tight, it fit just right.