Ch. 32

Just curious, do y'all see me as an emotional or analytical person? Be honest. I wanna know.

Roman went back to school the following week.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Remus asked him about halfway through the drive to school. "I can always turn around."

"I'm fine, Ree. Really." Roman smiled at him. "Don't be such a worrywart."

Remus didn't look convinced, but just hummed in reply. "Um, Ro?"

"Yes?"

"I haven't been too up to date with all of it, but I just wanna warn you that..." Remus pursed his lips. "Well, uh, your comeback will probably be a little...well, not well received."

"What do you mean?" Roman asked, furrowing his brow.

"Um, well..." Remus furrowed his brow. "I did my best to stop it, but uh, it got out of my control."

"Remus, what on earth are you talking about?" Roman asked.

"You'll...see when we get there." Remus mumbled.

---

And yes, Roman was instantly aware that something was off the second he came into school.

Everyone's eyes were immediately on him, but not in a concerned way. In a judgemental, disgusted way. As if they were asking why he was there with their eyes.

"Oh, Roman?"

Roman looked to his right, finding some guy he didn't know looking at him. "You're back."

"Yeah," Roman murmured, slightly confused. "Uh, have we met?"

The guy smirked. "Well, I mean--"

"Hey, man." Remus interjected from behind him. "Would you like your face to meet my fist?" He asked, smiling. "No? Then walk the fuck away."

The guy hesitated, before scoffing and shoving his hands in his pockets. "Damn Princes..." He grumbled, walking away.

"What...?" Roman mumbled, furrowing his brows and looking at Remus in confusion.

"Roman!"

He turned again, finding Virgil rushing over to him. "Oh my god, are you okay?!" He asked, cupping Roman's face in his hands.

Roman, paralyzed with fear, stuttered out a reply. "Y-Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Virgil's eyes widened, before he turned to glare at Remus. "You didn't tell him?!"

"Of course not!" Remus hissed, glaring back. "He was supposed to be resting, I wasn't about to stress him out!"

"He's going to be even more stressed when he finds out how long this has been going on." Virgil sneered.

"Well if it's so important, you tell him!" Remus barked, throwing his hands in the air and marching away.

Roman watched him leave, despair invading his entire body. (Danganronpa fans shut the fuck up I'm not in the mood)

"I'm so glad you're okay." Virgil smiled gently. "I'm really sorry about what happened, I shouldn't have blown up at you like that."

He kissed Roman's cheek. "You forgive me, right? Tell me you forgive me."

Roman didn't want to. He didn't want to at all.

"I forgive you." He told Virgil. "What were you talking about with Remus?"

Virgil frowned. "Here." He took off his backpack, pulling something out.

Virgil handed Roman the school newspaper. Specifically, the issue from the day after he left school.

Virgil Pryder's Boyfriend, Attention Seeker?

Virgil Pryder's boyfriend, otherwise known as Roman Prince, has been the talk of the town recently!

After quickly grabbing out attention as the hot new transfer student, Roman became quite the subject for students at Vine Academy. Apparently, our innocent little Roman isn't as innocent as we thought!

Roman Prince will be missing from school for an unspecified amount of time. After making quite the show of "passing out" in his boyfriend's arms, he had Virgil carry him to the nurse's office.

The day prior, Roman shared his plan with me. He said to keep this off the record, but a reporter shouldn't keep the truth from the public!

Ro: I plan to pull a stunt soon anyways.

S: Oh?

Ro: Keep this off the record, but the lack of attention makes me kinda nervous. [He chuckles] I dunno, I've always been kinda attention hungry, I guess. I remember I used to sleep with my teachers just so I could get in trouble.

S: Seriously?

Ro: Yeah, you're cutting all this out, right?

S: Oh, yeah. Definitely.

And there you have it folks, Roman Prince is actually an attention seeking slut! I even asked his brother to confirm this!

S: Has your brother had sexual relationships before?

Re: [He snorts] Oh yeah, he definitely slept around a lot! Mr. Wilson, his science teacher for example, was one of his favorite partners!

Remus Prince later claimed that he was only joking, but it's my reporter's intuition that tells me he's lying!

Well, I suppose you'll have to decide what you think!

Roman Prince or Hoeman Prince?

An article by Susan Wojcicki.

"What...?" Roman mumbled, eyes widening in horror. "I never said any of that! And claiming I passed out for attention, what?!" He looked Virgil dead in the eyes, outrage overpowering his fear. "Who would believe this shit?!"

"The entirety of the school body, apparently." Virgil grimaced. "The rumors have spread like wildfire, Ro. And Susan got exactly what she wanted. The school newspaper's popularity has skyrocketed."

"What?" Roman murmured, paling. "Why would she...Why would she do something like this?"

"Hey, don't worry about it." Virgil smiled, wrapping his arms around Roman's waist. "I love you, and that's all that matters. As long as we have each other, who cares? Let them think whatever they want, we know the truth."

"My reputation is ruined..." Roman whispered, panic setting in. "I'm never going to outlive this."

"Who cares, Ro?" Virgil gently used one hand to rake his fingers through Roman's hair. "They're all just jealous of us. If they hate you, that's fine. That means they won't try to take you away from me."

Oh god, what was Roman going to do?

A/N:

This is kinda filler, kinda not. I planned this chapter, but it's kinda just here to take up space.