The Obligatory Writer's Block Chapter

So if you're familiar with my books, then you know what this is.

If not, however, allow me to fill you in.

Despite popular belief, I am a human. I eat, I sleep, etc. And like average humans, I experience writer's block.

In order to combat this writer's block, I create one original chapter that'll serve as a oneshot. This oneshot chapter will usually be completely separate from the book.

So yeah.

Basically, this is a pallet cleanser.

Things to know:

No ships in this one. Sorry.

● Logan and Janus are the only normal ones here. (You'll see what I mean.)

Logan believed in science.

Science is what kept him sane. What kept him functional.

That, and his best friend, Janus.

So when Janus came up to him and told him he bought a magical book from his neighbor, a woman who was well into her eighties, he laughed.

"Lo! I'm being serious!" Janus growled, slamming a hand on the table.

"Janus, I have always thought you to be smart." Logan told him. "This, however, is the dumbest shit I've ever seen."

"Listen, I thought it was bullshit at first too." Janus told him, reaching into his backpack. "But when I saw it, I knew this thing was magic!"

Janus pulled out a large, worn down book. A large symbol was on the front, in a language that Logan had never seen before.

"What in the world?" Logan murmured, brows furrowing.

"Right?!" Janus exclaimed. "She said something about 'fixing their problems.' We have to take it back to my place and open it!"

"You haven't even looked at the contents?" Logan asked incredulously.

"No! She said to only open it in private!"

So they took it back to Janus' place. Logan was convinced that Janus had been scammed, but kept that thought to himself.

"Okay, so..." Janus hummed. "Do I just open it?"

"I would assume so." Logan rose a brow.

Janus took a deep breath, before opening the book and quickly backing away.

For a few seconds, there was complete silence.

Suddenly, there was a bright light and two men came flying out of the book, screaming.

"What in the--?!" Logan cursed, eyes widening. Janus quickly walked over to Logan, looking equally shocked.

One of the men shot up, and pointed a sword at both of them.

"Who is't art thee?! Where art we?! Thee dareth kidnap the king's sons?!" He exclaimed boldly, glaring harshly at them. "Art thee working with the dark lord?"

The other one sat up slowly, dazed. He was nearly identical to the loud one. Logan guessed that they were twins.

"We were in a field, were we not?" He mumbled, looking around.

"I shalt has't thy headeth, thee blinking idiot!" The bold one growled.

"What is he saying?" Janus asked Logan.