Ch. 4

They stared at each other for a moment, both unsure of what to do.

And then suddenly, Virgil stood up. He began walking towards them.

"Oh my god." Roman whispered to himself, beginning to panic.

"Stay calm." Logan hissed, stabbing a cherry tomato with his fork. "Act natural."

Immediately, Remus straddled the chair, Patton leaned his arm against the table, and Janus layed down on the floor.

Virgil, who seemed alarmed by everyone's sudden movement, hesitated.

"You're scaring him off!" Roman frantically whispered.

"Let him be scared." Janus said from the floor.

"Uh, hi."

Roman snapped his eyes to Virgil, who was suddenly stood right in front of him.

Oh my god, his voice was as heavenly as Roman had imagined.

"Hi! Can you help me?" Roman asked. "I mean--Shit! Can I help you?" Remus burst into laughter, throwing his head back.

That did not just happen.

Virgil didn't seem put off by it, though. "I just, uh, noticed you were new. So I wanted to introduce myself."

"You didn't bother introducing yourself when I was new." Janus crossed his arms, glaring at Virgil.

Virgil scowled. "Fuck off."

Oh, wow. Roman never thought he would be attracted to someone saying 'fuck off,' but here he was.

Virgil's eyes immediately widened. "Shit--sorry. That was, uh, rude." He laughed awkwardly. He held out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Virgil. Virgil Pryder."

"Roman." He responded, shaking his hand.

Virgil's hands were soft, probably the softest hands he had ever felt in his life. The handshake itself, however, was firm.

"Roman...?" Virgil cocked his head.

"Prince."

"Well, Roman Prince." Virgil graced him with a toothy grin, revealing his absolutely gorgeous dimples. And oh my god, he had just said Roman's name.

He leaned down to whisper something in Roman's ear.

"I sincerely hope we'll be seeing more of each other."

He pulled away with a smirk, before walking back to his table, like he didn't just cause Roman to have a gay panic attack.

Roman was left a bright red, sputtering mess.

He looked to the others, and they were all staring intently at him.

"...what?" He squeaked out.

"Don't you give me that!" Patton exclaimed. "What did he say?!"

"Oh my god, I never thought I would see the day my brother is the one being flirted with." Remus mumbled to himself in disbelief.

"He's obviously taken quite an interest in you. To approach you directly, that's very bold for him." Logan observed.

Janus didn't say anything, still pissed off.

"I-I don't think he would want me to tell you--" Roman stammered, still a mess.

"Why? Was it intimate?" Remus wiggled his eyebrows.

Roman didn't reply, because he honestly didn't know. Remus' eyes widened.