Ch. 27

^^ What am I looking at here y'all?

Roman's father had insisted that Virgil stay for dinner, much to Roman's displeasure.

Roman wasn't even fully aware of the conversation that was happening, lost in his own thoughts.

What if Virgil poisoned the food? What if he did something? The walls were really thick, no one would be able to hear them scream. Virgil had the knife drawer right behind him, it would be really easy for him to just get rid of them quickly.

Roman glanced at his father, who was laughing at something Remus had said.

Their father was pretty strong. Was he stronger than Virgil, though? That was the question.

Roman worked out everyday, maybe he was faster than Virgil? He couldn't bear the thought of leaving Remus and his father behind, though. Roman considered his fighting skills to be adequate, but Virgil was stronger by default. Even if Roman managed to get a few hits in, he wouldn't last long.

"Ro?"

He looked away from his father, switching his focus to Remus. "Uh, I'm sorry? I didn't catch that."

"Are you alright, babe?" Virgil asked, eyebrows drawing together in concern. "You've been spacing out ever since I got here."

"If you're not feeling well, go back to your room and sleep, dumbass." Remus scoffed. "Don't need you passing out on us again. Or more specifically, passing out on Virgil again."

"Remus, don't be rude." Virgil frowned, looking at Remus in disapproval. "He didn't mean to, after all."

Remus seemed irritated by that, but didn't bother replying.

"I'm fine." Roman insisted. "Just a little tired. I'll live."

"You should go take a nap, then." Virgil murmured, putting a hand to Roman's forehead to feel his temperature. "It's not good to overwork yourself."

"Really, I'm okay." Roman laughed awkwardly, using his hand to move Virgil's hand away. "You don't need to worry about me."

"Roman, go upstairs and rest." Their father said. "You're not well."

"Okay," Roman stood up. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"Shut up and go to bed." Remus rolled his eyes. Roman scoffed, before walking to the stairs.

"Would you mind if I go with him?" Virgil asked, beginning to stand up.

Roman froze.

"Of course not. Someone needs to make sure he actually sleeps." Their father told him.

Roman pursed his lips, already feeling fear rushing through his body. "I'm really fine, Virgil. You don't--"

"I insist." Virgil smiled. "I'd do anything for you, you know that."

Remus made a show of gagging.

It's not real. It's not real. It's not real.

And yet Roman turned bright red anyways.

God, he felt like he could puke.

Virgil chuckled at his reaction, before going in front of him and walking up the stairs.

And Roman hated it.

He followed Virgil up, glancing back at his family one last time.

They were talking about something, both looking equally content. Neither of them aware of the dilemma Roman was currently facing.

---

"I love you." Virgil told him the second he closed the door. "I love you more than anyone I've ever met. I am yours, and you are mine."

He moved closer to Roman, placing a hand on his cheek in what was supposed to be a loving motion. "Why can't you show me the same dedication?"

Roman looked away. "I-I--"

"I would move mountains for you." Virgil told him. "I would travel the seven seas for you. I would kill for you." He mumbled. "And I don't care if earth itself tries to stop me. Pulling your hand away from mine, putting an ocean of distance between us, drowning out my cries for you."

He leaned down to whisper in Roman's ear. "I'll fight them all. I'll kill them all." He pulled away. "Why are you acting weird around me now?"

Roman gulped. "I'm just--"

"Are you cheating on me?"

Roman's eyes snapped back to Virgil's, which were cold and observing.

"...I'm not."

Virgil placed a gentle kiss on Roman's lips, before pulling him into an embrace. "Of course not. I'm sorry for even suggesting it."

Roman could feel himself trembling, tears beginning to form. He just wanted Virgil to leave.

"You should get some sleep." Virgil told him, pulling away. "Go ahead, I'll make sure nothing happens to you."

Roman was too scared to object, and went over to his bed. He layed down, turning his back to Virgil.

Virgil turned the light off, and sat down at Roman's desk. "I love you."

Roman didn't wanna say it, but feared the consequences of not saying it. "...I love you too."

It was silent for awhile. Roman had tried to sleep, but the terror of Virgil doing something kept him awake. He closed his eyes, feigning sleep anyways. He purposely slowed his breathing down, letting his whole body go limp.

After about 15 minutes, Roman heard Virgil stand up. He flinched slightly, but it wasn't enough to be noticed.

Virgil's quiet footsteps were the only sound in room, as he walked over to Roman with intense precision.

Roman felt Virgil lift the blanket, and slip his hand into Roman's pocket.

He pulled out Roman's phone.

Roman was glad he put a password on his phone, because he really didn't want Virgil looking through it.

Virgil quietly cursed, before gently slipping the phone back into Roman's pocket.

And with that, he left the room.

The second he heard the door close, Roman let out a huge sigh of relief.

A/N:

For all of y'all who think Roman is being irrational (I know there are at least 2,) just know that Logan isn't here to tell him he's being an idiot.