"We received the beating of our lives ai when we returned." Ya Fatima said shaking her head. Ya salma turned to Maryam and jannah, "but this two troublemakers who even convinced us to go out escaped. Up until this day, I still do not know how."

Maryam and jannah high-fived, "and you will never know, It is our little secret." Maryam said sipping juice from the cup in her hand. They looked at each other and burst out laughing again.

"What is so funny?" A lady standing by the doorway asked, amusingly. They all looked up, "Asmau!!"

She smiled and hugged them all before sitting beside Maryam. "Seeing you these days is hard." Maryam said. Asmau shook her head, "Wallahi school. Kinsan Ina komawa zamu fara exams."

"Asmau da karatu!"
"If I don't study what do I do, kinsan duk yanda ake cewa universities din outside Nigeria is easy, it's all a lie fah. Wahala gareshi." She stated removing her turban and keeping it aside.

"I still can't believe you study at Stanford university, you are so lucky." Jannah said slouching back in her chair. Asmau smiled saying, "we thank Allah. So what were you talking about?"

They continued talking amongst themselves, until kaka came and called them to eat.

They all went to the dinning room and sat. "So what do we have here." Maryam said as she opened one of the food flask on the dining. Her eyes lightened up when she saw gurasa. "Oh sweeet." She smiled and opened the other flask. Her smile even grew wider when she saw fried rice, cabbage sauce, peppered fish and salad. She quickly fetched the rice, cabbage sauce, and peppered fish.

"Kaka the food tastes real good." Ya amma commented licking her fingers. They all nodded, and Kaka smiled and thanking them.

They were halfway through their meal when a car pulled up in the driveway. "Toh su Aisha sunzo." Maryam said looking out the window. "Finally!" They chorused and laughed. "Always the last to arrive." Aunty Hauwa; Asmau and ya Khalid's mother said laughing.

Just then, mummy and her children pushed open the door to the main parlor. "Assalam Alaikum." They greeted cheerfully. The family exchanged pleasantries and the children grabbed their plates and headed to the inner parlor to give the elders space to talk. Maryam grabbed her plate in one hand, a bottle of orange juice in her armpit and a cup in her hand.

"Ummm.." she groaned when her veil fell as she was walking out of the room. "Here, I got you." Anisa said picking the veil from the floor, and draping it around Maryam's shoulder. "Thank you." Maryam smiled and continued walking alongside Anisa. They went to the guest parlor and found jannah and co all seated there eating.

"Ohh why do you guys always have to go where I want to go?" She faked a frown. Ya amma eyed her playfully saying, "you can always go back where you came from if you want to be alone." This time she frowned and muttered something under her breath which made all of them laugh.

Asmau gestured for her to come sit beside her. She went and sat and started eating quietly, as she doesn't really like to talk while eating. She listened to their conversation and laughed occasionally as she ate. Once done, she excused herself and went to the kitchen to drop the dishes, and drink water.

She dropped the dishes and washed her hands and opened the fridge to get some water. "You know, that is the exact spot I see you every time I see you." She turned and found ya muhammad standing by the doorway with his arms crossed. He had an amusing smirk on his lips. "And I always see you standing by the door, every time." She said with a teasing smile.

He smiled. "Ina wuni." She greeted.
"Ina gajiya ya gajiyan jiya?"
"Gaskiya akwai shi but Alhamdulillah." She poured herself a glass of water and sat on a chair in the kitchen and gulped it down. "Thank you ya muhammad."

"For?"
"For yesterday."
"Oh, it's no big deal."
"Trust me, it is." She said. He nodded smiling softly.

"Do you need something?" Maryam asked looking at him. "What?"
"I mean from the kitchen, I can get it for you." He shook his head, "No! I mean.. I just.." he pulled his beard lightly. "I just came to get water for mummy." He opened the fridge and grabbed one bottled water, and left.

Once outside, he shook his head at himself, and walked away. Maryam also went back to the parlor.

About thirty minutes later, ya Khalid popped his head inside the parlor the girls were in, "let's play some games." He rubbed his hands together, just like those evil villains in films. They all laughed at his childishness and followed him to the main parlor where all the men were at.

.
Hello guys
I am so sorry, I haven't been able to update sooner. It's because I haven't had the time to write in a while, but here it is.

Is it only me that thinks Muhammad didn't actually go to the kitchen to get water for mummy or is it all of us. Anyways, I am so excited about the game.

You guys should suggest what game you want them to play. I am so excited about the next chappy which is coming as soon as possible insha Allah.

Please don't forget to like, comment and share. One question before I go, what is your favorite song?
Mine is Takeaway by The chainsmokers for now, I just love them.

💙
Fatima🥀