Chapter 11 ~ The Jacket

Y/N awoke the next morning, with the feeling of something, or someone, wrapped around them. They were facing Wanda's sleeping form, she'd flung her right arm protectively across Y/N's chest. Y/N smiled and lifted themselves up on their elbows, for the first time in a while, they felt truly happy. The movement must have woken Wanda because she opened her eyes and sat up quickly on seeing Y/N was awake.

"Something wrong, Y/N?"

"No, no, I just woke up. Sorry if I woke you." Y/N said, leaning back into the pillows.

"Just making sure you're okay." Wanda said, settling back down also.

"Do you know what would make me feel more than ok?"

"What, Y/N?"

"Coffee, maybe some breakfast."

"Go on, then."

"Go on what?"

"Your idea, you get it. I wouldn't mind some tea actually."

Y/N groaned sarcastically, and much to Wanda's satisfaction, flipped back the covers and got out of bed.

"So tea and coffee?" They said, turning back to Wanda.

"I also wouldn't say no to some breakfast, maybe eggs and bacon."

"You don't ask for much do you." Y/N replied, with feigned annoyance.

Wanda smiled fondly, watching as Y/N picked their phone and turned to the door, "Love you Y/N/N."

"Love you too, Wanda." Y/N replied, over their shoulder.

~~~~~

Making their way down the corridor, Y/N entered Wanda's kitchen. Every kitchen in the Tower was the same, but anyone who knew Wanda would know that this was hers. The fridge was beautifully littered with notes of shopping lists & todo lists in her elegant scrawl, pinned with pictures of Y/N & Wanda, the Team, the brother, father & mother that a civil war had robbed Wanda from. The last one was bittersweet, unlike themselves, Y/N was glad Wanda had loving parents, and her brother. From the scattered snippets Wanda had given her partner, Y/N regretted not being able to meet Pietro. He had meant so much to her. Y/N sighed and pulled the fridge door open, taking out the eggs & bacon before making a start on the breakfast.

Just as they were flipping the eggs over in the pan, Y/N's up turned phone buzzed on the counter. Reaching for it, they saw a one word message.

ScarletWanda: cold

MyHero💜: almost done

MyHero💜: where do you keep your trays

ScarletWanda: top cupboard, above sink

MyHero💜: thanks

MyHero💜: omw back now

ScarletWanda: still cold

MyHero💜: you wanted breakfast

Y/N typed the last reply back, ahead of slipping their phone into the pyjama pocket, and picking up the tray.

~~~~~

As Y/N pushed open the door, Wanda looked up from her phone and smiled. Setting the tray down on the bed, Y/N climbed back in. Before they could move the tray in between themselves and Wanda, she reached over and grabbed her tea.