Chapter 7 ~ Reliving It All

Groaning, Y/N tried to open their eyes and after a few attempts, they were fully open. Y/N looked over their unfamiliar surroundings, realising they were in a cold, metal chair in an equally cold and metal panelled room. Panicking now, Y/N tried to move their hands, soon becoming aware of handcuffs. They kept Y/N in the chair, and no amount of pulling at them doing much, aside from chafing at their wrists. Then he walked back in. The HYDRA soldier who'd lead the perfectly coordinated attack on the Tower, timed precisely when the Avengers were out on a mission, and kidnapped Y/N. Y/N was back in the Abandoned Warehouse, the HYDRA Base, somehow?

His voice was chilling and echoed fiercely around the inside Y/N's head, "Good morning Y/N, it's so nice to see you awake." Y/N stared him down, but found themselves unable to speak. Frozen in fear. So the man continued, "Not much of a talker, eh? We'll soon change that, won't we? Let's start with us then. We are HYDRA. Founded on the belief that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom." He stepped closer towards Y/N. "We aim to control said freedoms by any means necessary. Currently, that includes information on the Avengers, the information you, a close friend of the Avengers, have access to. We want that information." He stepped forward again, now so close that Y/N could see the fire blazing behind his eyes.

"I'm just a Stark Industries scientist, I don't know anything about the Avengers." Y/N stuttered out, their brain running fast, looking for the exit. They couldn't watch themselves go through this yet again.

"Unfortunately for you Dr L/N, we know that's not true. We know you work solely with Stark. We know you live with the Avengers. We know your friends with Avengers. So we know you're lying, and HYDRA DOES NOT TOLERATE LIARS!" he screamed, punching hard, rocking the chair and causing Y/N's vision to blur. "Now, here's what's going to happen." he said, flexing his fingers slightly, "I'm going to leave you now, and when I return I expect all the information about the Avengers. Understood?" When Y/N didn't reply, he slapped Y/N and repeated, "Understood!?"

Y/N could feel the blood flowing over their lip, but mustered a feeble, "Understood.", back at the soldier.

"Good. Goodbye Y/N." he spoke, venom laced in his words before he turned and left, the heavy door slamming loudly behind him.

Y/N cried out for help and wrestled with their bonds, but soon they grew tired not long after. Finally succumbing to their fate and passing out from sheer exhaustion.

~~~~~

Y/N awoke with a start, sitting up suddenly, breathing heavily. They looked around, the unfamiliar brightness at first overwhelming, though their eyes eventually adjusted. Y/N was in the Tower's MedBay, had they had another panic attack and fainted again? As Y/N continued to survey the room, their confused mind in overdrive, their gaze fell on a familiar figure beside them.

"W-wanda?" Y/N croaked out, their throat sore.

"How could you let yourself get kidnapped?!"

"Wanda, I..." Y/N tried before breaking down into sobs.

"Crying? You're pathetic Y/N." Wanda spat out, disgusted, before turning away.

"What did you tell them Y/N?! Steve barked out, now at Y/N's other side.

"Wha-"

"HYDRA, L/N. What secrets did you spill to HYDRA?"

"I didn't say anything, I promi-" Y/N tried, before being interrupted by someone at the foot of their bed.

"Dr L/N, while you were on vacation, you got seriously behind on your work!" His Boss, Tony Stark said, seething.

"Mr Stark, I was kidnapped."

"That is not an excuse, I'm placing you on indefinite leave. I don't know what I saw in you during the Stark Gifted & Talented Internship Program, but I'm regretting ever picking you now."

Wanda picked up from Tony, "I don't know why I used to like your Y/N, but you've butchered your chances now."

"You are a hindrance to the Avengers and a disgrace to your country!" Steve finished.

Suddenly they blurred into a mass of angry voices, and Y/N was certain they could hear the venomous HYDRA soldier, and his disappointed Father in there too. All of them shared a mutual hatred of Y/N. Y/N had known of the opinions of his Father and the HYDRA soldier, but not their friends. That was a shock.

Now they were all chanting their name over and over again.

"Y/N. Y/N. Y/N. Y/N. Y/N."

Until everything stopped, and went dark.

~~~~~

Wanda awoke with a start, breathing heavily, but feeling confused as to why. Still sleepy from just waking up, she looked around the Common Room. Wanda could hear the voices of her teammates in the kitchen, presumably eating dinner. Finally looking down, she took in Y/N's curled up form, draped across her lap. They were breathing unevenly and sweating, occasionally they'd mumble something. Out of all the words, Wanda caught 'HYDRA' and 'Dad'.

Shaking her partner's shoulder, she tried to get Y/N to wake up. "Y/N, wake up. It's a nightmare."

After a few tries, Y/N opened their eyes wide, screamed, and almost slipped off the leather armchair. Wanda caught them and Y/N buried their face into her, as the Avengers ran in.

"We heard screaming." Steve said first.

"Is everything alright?" Tony continued.

"Nightmare." Wanda said, looking up at them sadly.

Natasha nodded, "Why not take them upstairs to bed, it'll be comfier than any chair."

Wanda smiled at the idea and helped to support Y/N up onto their feet. Looking around at the faces of her fellow teammates, she simply said "Tell you later.", before walking with a very quiet and tired Y/N, towards the floor's elevator.