Chapter 6 ~ Team Meeting

Going back and forth with JARVIS about possible designs, layouts, and features for Y/N's lab, Tony didn't hear Pepper come in and didn't register her presence until she wrapped her arms around him. Tony jumped slightly, before turning to kiss his fiancée.

Pepper spoke first, "This for Y/N's lab, didn't you just have it redone?", nodding towards the various screens and technical drawings strewn over the desk.

"Wanda and Natasha think we should have it moved. I think so too."

"Is this why Wanda and Y/N are asleep in Howard's old armchair upstairs? When we got back, Natasha went to talk to Wanda, but I didn't want to impose." She added to Tony's confused look.

"Oh, did I buy you anything nice?" Tony smirked.

"You certainly did, thanks for that." Pepper said, mirroring the smirk.

"Anyway, I had an idea about Y/N's lab."

"Really?"

She hit his arm, "Just because I don't know much about science or engineering, I'm still capable of making smart business discussions, I'm CEO of the world's most successful tech and retail conglomerate, Tony."

"I'm joking Pep, having a high school intern and moving into clothing with the launch of Stark Apparel, were amazing ideas." Tony said, raising his hands in surrender. Stark Apparel's new IHMC, (Integrated Heating Modules for Clothing), was a technological breakthrough, and currently Stark Industries best-selling product since the launch of the original StarkPHONE - not to mention a life saver for Peter's winter patrols.

The CEO smiled and leaned over to kiss her soon to be husband, "I know." she said, after, "Now back to Y/N, I don't know them too well on a personal level, we've only ever talked SI."

"Well they're one of my oldest friends, I'd really like you to meet them out of a board meeting."

"I'd like that too, if we're relocating their lab space, I'll need the plans to take to the board next week. That'll be my excuse to talk with them."

"Good, maybe see how they are, you know after the kidnapping."

"Tony, I'm not a therapist."

"Didn't you minor in Psychology?"

"That was a few years ago. I barely know Y/N; I can't talk with them about that stuff."

Tony dropped his head, sighing, "I've known Y/N for years Pep, and I don't know what to say, I can't help them."

"I may not be a therapist, but I know when you're putting yourself down. Tony?" he looked up from his hands, "You are helping, look at the plans you've drawn up, you took on their workload, you helped find them."

"Well actually it was Bruce who-"

"Maybe so, but You. Still. Helped." She said, reaching round to hug him, they sat in a comfortable silence for a while, before Tony spoke up.

"Thanks Pep."

"Anytime Tony, anytime. I'll talk with Y/N, tomorrow." she said reaching down, and taking out a diary from her bag. "Right, I'm free from two o'clock onwards, I'll have a late lunch with them." she continued, after flicking through the book and writing something in.

"That's good, am I free too? Me and Y/N could look over the designs together after you get back."

"Don't you have Peter tomorrow?"

"The kid's on the internship for a reason Pep, no reason the three of us can't go over them. Y/N's not met the kid yet anyways." Tony finished, before looking up.

"JARVIS, text Peter that we're remodelling a lab with one of SI scientists tomorrow, so he needs to leave the suit at home."

"All done, Sir."

"Thanks J."

Turning back to Pepper, he watched her replace the diary and start walking over to the door.

"I've just got some paperwork to do before dinner, don't make me drag you up there, I think Clint's cooking." Pepper said, pausing in the doorway.

"If Clint's cooking, you gonna have to drag me up." Tony joked.

Faking a glare his way, she soon broke it into a smile, "Don't be late Mr Stark."

"Wouldn't dream of it, Mrs Stark." he replied, grinning back.

~~~~~

Waltzing out of the elevator like he owned the place - because he did - Tony smiled as he approached the Avengers Kitchen, adding up who was seated in his head. There were Pepper, Natasha, Steve, Clint and Vision. (Even though he didn't eat, Vision enjoyed sitting with them during meals.) Thor was off-world, fighting some dark elves or something like that, and Bruce was away at convention in Italy. That excused two of the five empty chairs, one was his own, but Wanda's and Y/N's were empty.

"Is Y/N ok, where's Wanda?" Tony said, while taking his seat between Pepper and Steve.

"They're still asleep, Y/N hasn't slept much so I thought they could do with the rest and I imagine so could Wanda." Natasha said.

"Did Y/N tell you that or you use your spy powers?"

"I'm a secret agent, and no Y/N didn't say. They didn't need to, I simply observed and connected the dots."

"Someone's got an ego." Clint mumbled, only to get a jab in the ribs, back.

"I feel bad for not noticing sooner." Tony said looking at his hands, before glancing back up and saying, "But I've had an idea on how to help."

"This about moving his lab?" Clint asked.

"No, no those plans are practically finished, I was wondering if Y/N could benefit from hearing similar stories."

Pepper looked at him confused, "Like from you?"

"Well Yeah there's me but Bucky's back next week, right? I thought he might be able to help, if he's up to it." he said turning to Steve.

"I'll ask next time he checks in." Steve said.

"Great, thanks Steve." Getting a nod in reply.

"Of course, another approach might help."

Natasha continued, "Maybe we could all share stories, even if they're not exactly the same." To the agreement of everyone else.

"Listening to the experiences of others, may allow Y/N to understand they are not alone in their feelings." Vision spoke for the first time.

"Very profound Vision, we'll talk to them when they wake up." Tony said, pointing over his shoulder to the leather armchair.