Chapter 8 ~ Helping Hands

After stepping into the elevator, Wanda asked JARVIS to bring them to her personal floor, hoping Y/N would feel more comfortable there, than on their own. JARVIS dutifully complied, and they were now walking down to her bedroom.

Leaning into the bedroom door, Wanda pushed it open, all the while Y/N leant against her for some much needed support. Wanda guided her partner to sit down on the bed, before rummaging through her draws in search of some spare pyjamas. This was not a difficult task; as each of their rooms contained at least a few of the other's items of clothes. After finding a pair and helping Y/N into them, she laid them down and conjured some soothing red tendrils in hopes of giving Y/N a peaceful sleep. As they drifted off, Wanda stood and walked back to the door. She looked back, smiled, and then headed out back downstairs.

~~~~~

The soft, but distinct elevator ping brought the groups' attention away from their discussion, to Wanda, who was now walking across the Common Room towards them.

Tony stood first, "How are they?"

"Tired." She said simply, sitting down on the ottoman opposite Tony.

Tony resumed his spot on the couch, silent for a few moments, "Do you know what their nightmare was about?"

"Fear, fear of HYDRA. Fear of his Dad." She paused, sighing. "Fear of us."

The room was silent again, before Clint asked, "Why us?".

"Trust. HYDRA manipulates the truth, eventually you don't trust anything, because anything could be a lie." Wanda answered.

"So, trust issues, and a terrible Father?" Steve asked.

"I'd imagine it goes deeper than that." Tony replied. "It's not really my area though." He finished looking down.

"How do we help then?" Pepper questioned, from her spot next to Tony.

"It may not be Tony's area, or Bruce's, but it's Sam's. Maybe he'd be able to help." Natasha suggested, which was met by murmurings of agreement from the group.

"Bucky's next check in is tomorrow, he could speak to Y/N then." Steve supplied.

"Thank you, all." Wanda said.

"Y/N's our friend, as far I'm concerned they're part of the Team." Steve said. "We help our own."

~~~~~

Y/N awoke gradually, not with a sudden start, as had begun the norm recently. Turning over, Y/N smiled to see Wanda sleeping beside them. After a few minutes she woke too, Y/N smiled.

"Hey."

She smiled, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, "Sleep well?"

"Yeah I did actually, thanks for that."

"Anytime."

"...sorry about yesterday."

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Do I need to apologise to them?"

"Why would you need to? We talked last night, Sam's coming in to talk with you. I think James might as well."

"Why?"

"Because they want to help, you're part of the team."

"No I'm no-"

Wanda shifted and kissed Y/N, "Yes you are. Now get up, I'm hungry and I'm sure you are too."

"But your bed's comfy." Y/N whined, drawing out the 'y'.