Chapter 1 ~ Discharged

Y/N's injuries ended up needing them to stay a whole month in the MedBay, as they were worse than Bruce originally thought. While it did nothing for their anxiety and insecurities, their new girlfriend, Wanda, had been a huge support, Y/N's rock. Without her, their time in the MedBay would not have gone as nearly as smoothly as it had.

On the last day of Y/N's hospital stay, Bruce came in for some final checks and to remove the drips and machines Y/N had been connected up to.

"'Morning Y/N, how are you feeling today?"

"Oh, hey Bruce. Yeah, I'm alright, just a bit bored."

"That's understandable, you have been in bed for four weeks."

"Hey, I've been out of bed a few times!"

"Yeah, Bruce. I've walked Y/N around the room at least twice." Y/N looked up at the voice, and watched a smiling Wanda enter the room, behind Bruce.

"Hey, Wan."

"Hey love," she said, walking round Y/N's bed and sitting down in her usual spot.

"I'm going to start taking these out, you ready?" Bruce said as he indicated first to the IV drip in Y/N's left arm.

Y/N tensed up almost immediately with panic. Since their capture, doctors caused their anxiety to flare up. Y/N had never voiced their anxieties to anyone, neither before nor after their kidnapping. Nobody knew exactly what had happened, but then they hadn't asked. Y/N assumed Wanda had to be aware of at least part of what they were going through. She'd learnt Y/N was insecure after the rescue and they'd talked about it a few times. Y/N had found those conversations awkward, but Wanda had reassured them that the talking would help eventually.

Y/N looked at Wanda, fear in their wide eyes, "Wanda, I can't, please. Tell Bruce I can't. Please, I just can't."

Y/N knew Wanda had heard those thoughts because she held Y/N's hands tight and kissed them. "You can Y/N, you trust Bruce, right?" She said, out loud.

Bruce looked up, confused at first since he hadn't heard what Y/N had thought to Wanda. He seemed to understand fairly quickly though, because he followed Wanda up with, "Y/N, it will take all of a couple of minutes, but if you don't want me to do this now, we can wait."

"No, it's fine. I. I'm er, ready."

Although it was painless when Bruce pulled them out, Y/N started to tear up at the memories. As Bruce finished, JARVIS called out to the room, "Sir is wondering if Y/N is able to receive visitors."

"Yes JARVIS, he's ready to be discharged now anyway."

"Of course, Dr Banner."

No sooner had JARVIS finished, Tony ran into the room and asked, "Is he gonna make Doc?".

"Tony, I'm fine.", Y/N said, slightly exasperated.

"No, I'm calling it. Time?"

"Leave them alone, Stark," Wanda replied, eyes glowing.

Tony backed up, hands raised, Wanda just laughed and put an arm around her partner.

"Just 'cause you two are a thing now, doesn't mean you can hide behind her forever, Y/N.". Clint said jokingly, as himself and Natasha entered my room. Even though Clint had said it in jest, referring to his infamous pranks, I still withdrew back into myself, panicked.

"I'm useless, I just rely on other people, I'm weak, I can't...".

I stopped when Wanda wheeled round back to me, sadness in her eyes, "Y/N, stop! Don't think like that!"

At Wanda's sudden action, everyone stopped their conversations and turned to us.

"But it's true Wanda. Everyone knows it, Clint's the only one who's voiced it. I-".

"He meant it as a joke, and you know it."

"Er, you two ok?", Clint asked with concern.

It officially clicked for Natasha, because she elbowed him, "Смотрите, что вы говорите, вокруг Y/N!", ("Watch what you say, around Y/N!"), she spoke, harshly.

Although only Clint and Wanda understood, the look Wanda gave Natasha, gave Y/N the hint what Natasha had dealt with Clint.

"Well whatever that was, I'm bored now, you coming to the labs Y/N?"

"No, their not. They can't even walk, Tony!"

"I can still, er wheelchair, Wanda, I'll be fine."

"OK, but please be careful." She conceded, as she helped them into the wheelchair Bruce had just brought over.

"First thing I'm gonna do is modify your wheelchair."

"Stark!"

"First thing I'm gonna do is NOT modify your wheelchair."

Y/N laughed, briefly kissing Wanda's cheek, before Tony wheeled them off to the labs.