Eat my dust!

Dumbledore was referring to both of his students with a calculating gaze. His baby blue eyes were curious. His half-moon glasses were hanging loosely on his nose.

"So, Mr. Riddle, you found Ms. Wright wandering around aimlessly instead of attending class and you went to look for her because you wanted the best for her," he summarised.

Tom was standing straight with his hands hidden behind his back. His hard gaze was fixed upon Dumbledore's desk. He was not even moving an inch. Maybe he wasn't even breathing.

Maybelle was a whole lot worse than him. She was a fidgeting mess. Her hair was dishevelled and her whole body was in pain. She had to come up with yet another lie to save both of them. But something told her that the professor saw right through her lies.

"Yes, professor," she confirmed her lie with little to no confidence.

Dumbledore suddenly stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

Maybelle almost jumped three feet on-air and hid behind Tom's tall figure.

"Very well children. You are to stay back after school hours for detention in this very class. For now, I suggest you catch up with your other classes before you find more trouble," he ordered before gathering his things and getting out of the classroom.

Maybelle didn't give Tom any chance to speak. She too dashed outside and vanished in between the mass of people.

Tom finally let his calm demeanour fade away. His face was soon decorated with a deep scowl. He was once again left confused by the odd girl.

Whenever he thought that he had her all figured out, she would randomly spew out something out of the world and mess up his mind completely. The way she screamed earlier in the morning had left him quite surprised. He was certain that it was no mere scratch she had managed to achieve.

Knowing Wright, she might have tossed herself off the astronomy tower for fun.

He grumbled to himself in anger at ruining his perfect student status. Dumbledore was already suspicious of his intentions. He was definitely keeping a close eye on him. He was already burdened with tutoring Wright. He didn't need a suspicious professor after him.

He glided through the almost empty corridors towards his next class, Astrology. He didn't really believe in predicting the future but that subject was compulsory if he wanted to join advanced arithmancy in his 5th year.

He grimaced as soon as he remembered that Wright would also be joining the class.

Just before entering, his cold eyes ran over all the scattered students. Of course, the troublesome girl was late.

He plastered a charming fake smile and started towards his group of Slytherin boys. As soon as the group noticed his presence, they visibly straitened up.

A platinum blonde-haired boy greeted him with a slight nod. He didn't bother to return it.

"My lord," Malfoy called out quietly so that others could not hear them. Everyone saw them as close friends. But only they knew that they were just loyal dogs to Riddle.

It was not like that in the beginning. When Tom was just a first-year, Malfoy and his gang used to pick on him. He used to endure it, try his best to ignore them during school hours. But the more he backed up, the more they gained on him.

One day, things just went out of hand. He had endured all the pain because he wanted to prove to professor Dumbledore that he was no freak. But that day, Malfoy had taken him to the dark forest.

His friend's hand kicked him, punched if and had broken his nose for absolutely no reason. They had called him names. They even taunted him for being an orphan.