16.

[a/n: Hello! Sorry for not updating for soooo long! But yeah. I'm back!]

They got back to Seoul after a day and everything was back to normal. Actually, no. Taehyung was just at home, their home, and was woken up with the sudden sounds coming from somewhere in the room. He slowly woke up and scratched his eyes sleepily, adjusting to the darkness of the room. 

"Jeon? " He called and reached for the lampshade, turning it on as he pushed himself fully awake to understand what it is that is happening and why is this man awake in the middle of the night. He moved to get up from the bed and go to the bathroom only to find the door locked. "Jeongguk-ah?"

"Yeah?" He heard from the inside through the running water from, probably, the shower. He didn't reply anymore and just went back to bed, sitting on the edge as he waited for the other to get out. And yes, soon he did. The other was wearing nothing but the robe on him with his wet hair that Taehyung had seen before yet still can't get used to the sight. 

"Where are you going? It's like- four in the morning," He said as he watched the other put on some clothes, trying his very best not to stare but well... 'he's just a man, with needs and desires'.

"Stop staring. I have an urgent business trip. I might be gone for a week or so-" 

"What?" Taehyung but in immediately as he forthwith felt lonely with just hearing the news. "Why so sudden? I mean, last night you said you're gonna be free for the rest of the day after the meeting," His voice trailed off as he spoke and slowly looked down. 

"You know that my schedule always changes from time to time. We got to go so I can't stay here any longer. I will be back, don't worry. Just go out whenever you want..." Jeongguk just said as if completely unknown and ignorant with Taehyung's sadness. There was loneliness creeping inside him that he paid no attention of.

He just kept on moving and packing his things and Taehyung silently watched him.

"Keep the house clean, Tae. Please..." He added as he was soon ready to go. "I'm leaving now..." Taehyung just hummed, looking at him and waiting for anything that he would do. Silently hoping for something he doesn't even bear to know. A kiss? A hug? Some affection? Nah. He's not really certain. But he kept waiting, looking at the man's back as he walked out of the room.

Taehyung stood up and followed, holding onto the robe he's wearing over his pajamas. He saw Jeongguk turning with a slightly smug look on his face. "What? Are you walking me out?"

Jeongguk was smug with saying that, smirking with his scarred cheek perking up with the unintentional emphasis of that scar. That Taehyung had noticed way back before. Taehyung frowned and rolled his eyes as he sighed. 

"N-no... I'm gonna lock the door so you won't come back immediately," he said, raising his eyebrows with pride and fake confidence that he had built inside of him. "Just in case you thought of coming back coz you miss me"

He gave back the smug and yes, it was obvious how he's trying so hard to make it look natural. Jeongguk laughed that handsome chuckle once more.

The man continued to walk then, leaving a frowning pout on Taehyung's lips as he inhaled irritatedly and walked to the door, watching the chauffeur take Jeongguk's things to the back of the cab. Taehyung's arms are crossed against his chest and was leaning on the door frame and watching Jeongguk leave with a blank face.

'Just like that, huh?' He thought to himself, ready to turn and go back inside only for Jeongguk to turn back, calling for the name that has been waiting to be called.