6.

Taehyung got home, entering their mansion's gate and drove immediately to the main house. He got out and threw the keys to their house's main entrance guard, saying a quick "Park the car,". When he entered, he was about to go upstairs when he heard his father, calling him. 

"Kim Taehyung..."

his vice was of some unknown tone that Taehyung can't quite put his finger on. Yet, he was a little nervous. What is this again? He had been a little distant and scare of his father ever since the 'big fight' they had which was never addressed properly.

He looked back and saw him. He smiled sweetly still, like the usual, and went to him, opening his arms and wrapping it around the old man and kissed his cheek. "Hi, Dad~"

"Where have you been?" He asked again and Taehyung smiled again.

"Why? You missed your dear son already--"

"Jeon came here and he was looking for you..." Taehyung stopped in his tracks when he heard that. He looked away and took his arms off of his father. 

"What did he say?" he asked, crossing his arms as he kept his eyes away from the older man, obviously annoyed.

"He said that you turned the contract yesterday down... What does that mean, Taehyung?" his tone was authoritative. There was a hint of anger and Taehyung just frowned. He felt it immediately. This is not going the way he wanted it to go.

"I don't wanna marry hi--"

"What do you mean, you don't!? You made a scene at the gala-night! And now you're saying that you don't wanna marry him!?!" he exclaimed and Taehyung was beyond afraid. His father's face was terrifying and he hated the fact that he has been scolded for almost a week. He felt like just because of that night, his father's love changed for him and he looked at him with disappointment in his eyes. 

Like Taehyung is a great disgrace. His proud gazes before are now long gone and it pained more. More than being told that Jeongguk is marrying him for business.

His father is his everything.

"B-b-but can't we j-just keep s-silent for s-sometime... t-then t-the media won't remember it anymore. Then we could just release news that we're not on good terms already and we're breaking u-up... D-dad, I--"

"They had a good offer. It's just a year, Taehyung. Then you and Jeon would be done. They won't even cut the partnership. This is for you too... You will be the next chairman of this company, you should put the company in first priority---"

"So you're selling me--"

"No, son. Don't think that way! Jeon is a good man. But didn't you tell me that you'd do anything for me and this company? Now I want you to marry him--"

"D-dad... p-please..."

"Taehyung! JUST ONCE!! Be a man and have your fucking balls! Face the consequences of your shits! You did this to yourself! Stop whining at me because I'm not buying any of this anymore!" His father shouted again, losing all of his patience. "Please, Taehyung... This won't harm you at all... Marry Jeon, or I'm really disowning you..." 

Taehyung knew he had no choice. He had no choice but to follow his father. This is the first time that his father demanded something like this much. His demand today was even more than the day that he told him to announce his marriage with Hyebin.

And that, alone, is already terrifying in some way. What is it that made it all this cruel?

He has been crying in his room for some time now he couldn't seem to stop himself and calm down. So, he took his phone and shakily dialed a number that he never really wanted to call. There were some rings from the other line and he hated the fact that he had to wait for a few more rings before it is picked up.