CHAPTER FIFTEEN

EunJeong

EunJeong

Everyone dies at one point. Millions of people die in one day. I'm no stranger to death. Being born in a family where both side of your family are, I wouldn't say cursed but it is, both side of my family are cursed to get cancer. There was only one person in my mother's side of the family to not get cancer. My great-great grandmother. She lived up to the aged of 104. Sadly, I didn't get to meet her, but I can't help but hope to not get it and live up my life like she did.

Unfortunately, that's not the case today. September fifthteen. The day I aged closer to death. I have been standing infront of the hospital for the pass 30 minutes. Why? I'm scared. Last time I got my checkup, Mrs Kim said she found something weird in my blood. She also said mot to worry, but I am worrying now.

Mrs Kim was my father's best friend, I weirdly don't call her my aunt because she really wasn't around much. It also probably has to do with the fact that she got a job here in Seoul when I was around thirteen years old.

When I moved here, in Seoul, she was there to help me settle down for the first few weeks. A few months later, I went to the hospital to get myself checked up since I wasn't feeling to well. She was the one that attended me and from that day, she has told me to go once every month to get checkup.

But somehow today, I just want to stay in bed. Sadly I can't, seeing as I'm already here and that would mean I got out of bed for nothing if I leave.

Taking a deep breath in, I walk in and hope for the best. I have future plans to fulfill before dying.

*^*^*^*^*^*

"Tell me the bad news, doc." I say as I look up at her as Mrs Kim walks inside, looking at the chart in her hand. She smiles at me but I can see the worry in her eyes.

I mentally cross my fingers, wishing that there's nothing bad.

"Uh, I don't know how to say this." She says and I can hear the sadness lace in her voice. I knew it was going to happen. One way or the other. "Remember that I told you that I found something off in your blood?" I nod at her and sigh, looking at my feet.

"So I have blood cancer?" I whisper and she touches my shoulder. I look at her and I give her a ghost smile as she does the same.

"Usually blood cancers have a cure rate, but it all depends upon the type of blood cancer you are is suffering from. I need to run more test in it." She says and I nod my head, relaxing a little at the thought that it might be curable. "Okay, I will take some blood samples and after two weeks."

"Thank you very much, Mrs Kim." I say standing up and she does the same.

"I'm sorry about this." She says and I smile sadly. "I know it difficult to take in and knowing your family history.."

"Is not your fault. I will see you in two weeks." I say and  leave her office, take a deep breath as soon as I walked out of the hospital. "Best birthday ever." I take my phone out and see a text from WooYoung.

'I will be at HongJoong-hyung house. If you did like come, you can or whatever.'

I read it over and over again. Wondering if I should go pay Bora a visit of not. I mean, I really don't feel like going anywhere after this news. I just want to be in bed and stay there till I die from cancer. Now that, doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I start to walk, wanting to get home as soon as possible. Nothing is going to get in the way of my plan, or so I thought. Glance over to my left, I see a store. Ice cream. Ice cream will be best and junk food. Lots of chips. Walking over to the store, my minds wonders back to the fact I have cancer.

I have cancer and there's nothing I can do about it. Just as I decided to open up and live the live I wanted, I get cancer. Now I have to do the pushing everyone away all over again. God, Wooyoung! What am I going to do with him? His my roommate.  Honestly, the world hates me.

There goes my plans to travel with San. There goes my plan to find love, get married and have kids. There goes my plan to watch my kids grow up.

There goes my plans of being happy. Every plan I had, all ruined.

I swallow the lump that formed on my throat the more I think about the future, that I might not get to have. That's what I need. I paid everything, quickly walking out of the store and going straight home.

*^*^*^*^*^*

I hear the door open and I don't bother to get up. I'm to sadden and comfortable to get out of bed. I have been in my bed, wrapped in my blanket, and haven't even glance to my phone at all since I got home.

My face is probably all red, thanks to the all the crying. My nose is still running, I can barely even keep my eyes open, crying is exhausting.

"EunJeong?" I hear WooYoungs soft voice. He knocks on my door and I hear his footsteps come closer to my bed. "What's wrong?" His face appeared into my view and I can see in his eyes hold concern.

I hear more footsteps coming to my room and I move a little to see who it was. San. He looks around my room and his eyes land on the discarded bag on the floor. He would know by now what this means.

"Get up." He says, sternly and with a serious face. I know not to question him or fight with him, when his gets like that. He can be quite scary sometimes. Getting up slowly, I unwrap myself from the blanket and as soon as my hands were out, San gripped them tightly.

"Ow." I whisper as I look down at our hands. He loosen his grip a little but not let go of my hands. I look over at WooYoung, he looks concerned and confused.

"Look at me," He says and I glance over to him. "No matter what, I'm always going to be with you. Reappear after me 'San will always be with me.'"

"San will always be with me." I whimper out and he lets go of my hands, standing up straight. I close my eyes and sigh out. "And Bora and WooYoung too."

"Now, today is your birthday and we aren't going to let cancer get in the way of you having a wonderful day." San say and goes to rampage through my closet.

"You have cancer?" WooYoung asks and I chuckle at him. He sits next to me and I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, don't you dare pity me." I say to him and now it's his turn to chuckle. Gasping when I get clothes thrown on my lap. "Why this dress?" I pick it up and look at it.

"It's red, and it look gorgeous on you. Plus, you only wore it once." San says and pulls my up. I groan in the fact that I'm not home. "Get ready, please." I groan once again.

"I hate you." I mumble as I take the dress, and walk inside the bathroom. I close the door and look at myself in the mirror.

"Love you too!" I hear San exclaim and I chuckle.

~·~

I don't know about this chapter but whatever. There that!

Happy Birthday EunJeong!

Stay healthy and always smile!😁

VOTE&COMMENT