Part 7, Chapter 2- Ears

On the night of the planned attack, Draco and I stayed back with my Aunt Narcissa. No matter what my aunt says I don't stop pacing. I know for a fact that George is out there right now, battling to protect Harry, risking his life for the greater good and I'm not there to protect him. I can't be there to protect him.

There's a loud crack in the dining room. The three of us look at each other before running from the living room into the dining room to see who came back. Severus is standing there looking at us, "They used Polyjuice potion to disguise themselves as Potter. Seven of them. I think I managed to get one..." He says breathlessly. He looks at me and I don't know what I saw in his face but I run from the room.

"Violet! Violet don't do anything stupid!" Draco shouts from behind me. I sprint up the stairs and go to close my bedroom door but Draco sticks his foot in the gap before I can close it.

"I've got to go. It could be George. He could be dead Draco!" I spin around and look at him. My hair sticks to my lip as I do that. I don't have to look in a mirror to know that I look absolutely crazy right now.

"Go then. I'll cover for you." Draco says. I look at him for reassurance and he nods a couple of times, "Tell me if you see Potter. Make sure he's alright."

"Draco are you sure? I don't want to get you in any trouble with Him." I say staring at my cousin's face.

"Make sure he's alright Violet, I'm serious."

As soon as those words leave Draco's mouth I apparate away. I land in front of the Burrow, which seems to have been rebuilt nicely after the fires last year. I can see Harry, Ginny, Hagrid, Hermione, and Remus all standing outside. I take a deep breath and walk out of the shadows.

Instantly all of their wands are pointed at me, "It's me! It's Violet!" I call out.

Only Ginny falters and lowers her wand, everyone else stands their ground, "Right! Likely story, sending Violet LeStrange out here to take care of Potter." A man spits a man that I don't know.

"Please, I heard that someone was hit... I came to make sure you were all alright." I say stepping forward carefully.

Ginny looks at the people around her, I can't hear what she says but they all look rather annoyed, "What did George give Violet the first Christmas that they were interested in each other?" Ginny calls out to me.

"A silver necklace with a snake on the front, if you used alohomora on it then it opens to reveal a red lion. I gave him the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes sign that's on his door."

Ginny smiles a bit then looks at the people around her once more. She then comes rushing over to me and takes my hands in hers. "It's George who's been hurt. Come inside."

I push past Harry and the others that are waiting outside the front door for whatever it is that they're waiting for and follow Ginny into the living room. Fred is sitting on the floor beside George, Molly is cleaning the wound that's on the side of his head. The rag she's using is soaked in bright red blood. I instantly break down when I see him, which causes Fred to turn around and look at who's making all the noise.

"What the bloody hell is she doing here?" Fred says angrily. His words cut me but I stand my ground.

"Is he alright?" I choke on my words.

Fred softens almost instantly. He comes over to me and wraps me in a big hug, "I'm sorry... just on the defence right now. He'll be alright."

I look at his face and put my hands on either side of his head, "Are you alright? You're not hurt too, are you? I don't think I could handle that."