Part 3, Chapter 17- The map

"He threw a crocodile heart at your face?" I'm sitting with Emma, Wally, and Draco in the common room after dinner. I made the mistake of asking Draco how his day went before he goes off to hang out with his friends.

"Snape took fifty points from Gryffindor when it happened," Draco says shrugging his shoulders.

I lean back into the couch and sigh, "Rightfully so. I mean who in their right mind would do something like that? No matter how much of a pain you were being."

Draco looks offended which makes Emma and Walter laugh, "What makes you think that I was the instigator?" He says in a shrill voice. I give him my 'are you seriously trying to tell me the thing that you're trying to tell me right now' look and Draco sighs. "Okay yes I was making fun of Potter all day so in theory, it sort of makes sense that Ronald Weasel would throw something at me. But what? Perfect Potter is too good to fight his own battles? He needs his trusty little sidekick to fight all of them for him?"

"Potter seems perfectly capable of fighting his own battles. Remember Professor Quirrell? The Chamber of Secrets?" Walter points out.

Draco goes pink, "What? So I'm just not good enough for Potter to care about? That he has to send his damn pet after me like that?"

I close my eyes and breath in slowly, "Please, for the love of all things good in this world. Will you please put the same amount of effort that you do into hating Potter into your studies? Uncle Lucius will lock you in a broom cupboard all Christmas if you come back with shotty grades again." I say to Draco. Which is only partially true, instead of a broom closet it would be his room, and instead of all Christmas, it would be all summer.

Draco gets up from his spot on the floor in front of the couch, "Right away, mother." He says sarcastically before huffing, turning around very dramatically, and storming off to his friends who have found an empty spot by some desks in the corner.

"We were never like that during third year were we?" Emma says watching Draco and his friends start talking and laughing.

"We most definitely were. Only instead of Draco whining about Potter, we had a different Malfoy cooing over George." Walter says poking fun at me.

"I'm not a Malfoy." I say to him, given it's my only form of defense right now.

"Might as well be. You were raised by them." Emma adds to the conversation.

I look at both of them in turn, "Didn't know it was attack Violet day. Please next time send my invitation in the post."

The weeks leading up to Christmas break were full of genuine happiness. Everyone singing Christmas carols, dancing in the hallways, trying to stop under the mistletoe Professor Sprout has hung throughout the corridors. The last weekend before students are able to go home for Christmas holidays we are allowed to go to Hogsmeade. Which means that I get a whole day with George and our friends.

"Here wait. We have to do something before we go." Fred says to us when we meet up with everyone outside of the great hall.

"Well hows about Wally, Lee, and Emma go off with everyone else. Violet, Freddie, and I can take the other way." George says.

"Yes lets do that instead. I don't want to break any rules unless absolutely necessary." Emma says smiling. She takes both Wally and Lee's hands and drags them away from George, Fred, and I.

I turn to the boys, "Okay so where are we going?"

Fred and George look at each other, "We have to give something to someone. Come on." Fred goes up the stairs, George takes my hand and we follow behind Fred.