Part 3, Chapter 13- Halloween Party, Fifth years only

After about two hours of waiting for Emma to try on basically everything in the store, she settles on a pair of black pleated pants and a new pair of silver high heels. I buy a few pairs of really colourful socks, planning on giving them to Dobby next time I see him.

Emma and I then go into Zonkos to find the boys, I never understood boys obsessions with pranks and things." Emma sighs looking around the joke shop. "I mean you could use your time and energy to do something so much more worthwhile you know?"

I look at Emma, "No I really don't. Remember who I'm dating?" And as if he heard me George comes over to us, a smile spread halfway across his face.

"Hey! Come on, lets go find some stink pellets, I'm nearly out." George says grabbing my hand and pulling me through the store.

Fred, Lee, and Walter are standing by a wall full of nose biting teacups and shrinking spoons talking about what teacher they could send them to.

"Which is better? Stink pellets or dungbombs?" I ask George as he stares at the shelf full of smelly prank toys.

George smiles, clearly excited about me taking an interest in his favourite thing, "Depends on what you want to use them for of course." He then goes off on a tangent explaining the pros and cons to each smelly prank object, and convincing me to buy some for myself.

The boys take forever in the joke shop so we don't end up having time to go to the tea shop like I wanted to. But it's fine, I'd rather see George happy doing what he loves to do then sit there awkwardly and drink tea and eat small sandwiches. The group was a lot quieter on the way back to Hogwarts, everyone tired and happy.

George and I walk hand in hand with the rest of our friends. All but Emma who is walking with Miles Bletchley up ahead a little. "Oh! I nearly forgot. Happy Halloween everyone!" Lee says excitedly.

"Happy Halloween." I say back to him.

Fred turns around and walks backwards so he is facing us, "Let's do something tonight. Sneak out, play hide and seek. Something fun."

"The fifth years are planning a Halloween party. I kind of want to go." I say looking at everyone.

George stiffens up, "and who told you that?"

I squeeze his hand and kiss his arm, "Roger Davies." I look at everyone's faces, none of them particularly excited about the idea. "Oh come on you guys. It's a costume party. We get dressed, sneak out to the room of requirement, drink, dance, have some genuine fun."

"Room of requirement?" Fred says, "never saw that on our map."

"Liam Grooves found it last week. Then the fifth year Hufflepuffs decided to host a party there. It's going to be fun guys please." I whine.

"I'm down honestly. It will be fun." Walter says. Everyone else agrees reluctantly.

After the Halloween feast nearly all the fifth years are talking about the party happening. Unlike our study sessions all the Slytherins in our year have been invited which means it could either go extremely well or horrifically bad.

"What are you going to go as Em?" I question when we are all back in our respective dorms.

Emma turns around dramatically and smiles, "A kitty! I'm going to make my hair look like ears, and paint whiskers on my face! Isn't that just the cutest thing ever!" She squeals.

"Not very origional I don't think but yeah that's pretty cute." I pull open my trunk and pull out a Gryffindor tie that I stole from George last summer, "I'm going as a sexy Gryffindor." I put the tie around my neck and loosen it a bit so it hangs a lot lower than it should.