Chapter 2

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴" 𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴, His touch; that touch,..I've never felt that kind of warmth in anyone's touch before "𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥" 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦.

I tossed and turned with that image replaying inside my head. "It's been a long day. I must've been too exhausted" I muttered to myself, pushing this thought to the back of my head; and drift to sleep.

***********

I yawned, as my eyes starts to water. Monday comes by too fast, it's almost unbelievable sunday had passed so soon. I couldn't even remember exactly what i did, but laze yesterday.

"Careful there, you don't want to get a jaw dislocation from a yawn that wide" He smirked. His voice jolted up my sleepy self up.

"That could really happen"? My eyes widened as i absorbed a new information, before i suddenly grew aware that i'm in the office and i'm facing my boss. Flustered, I corrected myself  "I mean good morning Mr. park".

He looked amusingly, at me. Then patted my shoulder. "Veronica, I need you to type out the minutes of meeting that was on thursday and give it to me by the end of today" He smiled and walked to his office.

"Fast and precise, I'm impressed" He commanded after reading the documents, "Veronica i need you to collect my suit now from dry cleaning store and bring them over to my residence later. My chauffeur will drive you there. He will be at lobby waiting for you" He instructed and i left to do the task.

*********

I passed the suit to Jimin's butler before i decided to leave but something near the distance caught my eyes. A whole of rack full of CDs, I skimmed through it and found classical and oldies songs to be majority. "He enjoys slow songs" his butler, philip commented.

"Love it, infact -" His voice from the main door suddenly disrupted us. 𝘏𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺? Philip bowed and excused himself, leaving me alone with Jimin. 

"Mr. Pa-"

"Jimin" He corrected. 

"Have you danced to slow songs before, Veronica?" He walked up to me.

I nodded.

He smiled, and walked to the disc player before a song i recognised played through the stereo.

"PROMISE" I recalled the title of the song, "Yes my absolute favourite" he finishes my sentence.

"Will you dance with me?" He took my left hand and joined them together with his, placing the other on my waist. I positioned my free hand on his shoulder.

The song plays, as he took control. We took small steps, gliding in small circles before he leads me around the whole room. Twirling me around, his eyes never leaving mine. It makes me blush a little because i never had anyone do that before. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘧. 𝘸𝘩𝘺?

"You're exceptionally good" He praised, while we continued dancing to the song

"My mother taught me how to dance before she passed away" I shared.

"Are you the only child?"

"No, I have an elder brother. Not by blood, though. I'm adopted".

He twirled me around but this time, as a back hug, "You're beautiful" He whispered in my ears and twirled us back to our original partnering position. I blushed.

"So are you staying with your brother?" we repeated the move.

"No, my brother is overseas. I'm staying with my roomate currently". He nodded in understanding. Leading me around the room, as our steps match as one.

"I am curious, what is your thought on love?" He questioned, "why do you think your heart beats fast?"

"I don't know Mr. pa-, sorry Jimin", "perhaps, its because the heart is nothing but a contracting muscle?" I answered scientifically, it is correct.

"You are innocent" He chuckled, locking eyes with mine. He smells really good. 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦?

"What about couple holding hands, romantically?"

"Provide warmth?" He shook his head.

"To feel connected" He held my hand and interwined them together with his. "This is also the first physical connection between 2 humans. You're allowing them into your personal space." He explained, "And for couples in love, a declaration of devotion".

I thought about his words, processing them. I've learnt quite a fair bit of information today.

"In other words..." I trailed off, it's a sign of showing someone you care without words?" I interpreted and he nodded.

"Ofcourse there are other telltale signs to show someone's interest" He said,

"For example," He looked at me intently "Eye contact".

"Oh...." I trailed, strangely feeling nervous.

The song starts to come to an end, the same time he made a dip on my back.

-𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴- "𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨?"

************