Cookie Monster.

May was fidgeting in professor McGonagall's class. The poor soul didn't get to sleep at all. She barely got time to tend to the wounds that she had received last night. Her heart grieved for the death of Jet.

So, she could not concentrate on the class at all. Just keeping her eyes open was enough struggle. She was thankful that her school robes were enough to hide the large gashes on her arms. She had managed to heal the wounds on her face to avoid any type of suspicions.

"Ms. Wright! Please stand here and demonstrate to us how to perform the spell correctly," professor McGonagall ordered while pointing to the place beside her table.

Spell? What spell?

With shaky footsteps, she made her way in front of the classroom. Several dozens of eyes focused on her altogether. Her breath hitched and she gave her professor an awkward smile which she returned with a blank look.

She was probably teaching how to change the colour of one's hair with magic instead of being a metamorphmagus.

She cleared her throat and took out her precious wand from the folds of her robes, careful not to show too much skin. If one would pay enough attention, they could easily see that she was extra stiff and her movements were restricted. But no one was ever interested in her. So why bother?

She held her wand delicately between her two fingers which earned a disappointing look from McGonagall.

"Chroma Plumenti" she muttered softly and swished her wand before tapping it lightly on her head.

Only a strand of her hair changed colour instead of her entire mass of raven curls.

"It was a simple spell, Ms. Wright. I expected much better from you."

Maybelle was distracted trying to change her hair back into the same colour. The last thing she wanted was to walk around with a minty green coloured strand standing out like a sore thumb among her dark hair.

"I believe that you should leave it like that. It will surely help you to remember that you need more practice," McGonagall stated with slight anger in her voice.

Maybelle huffed in frustration and hid her wand inside her robe once again. Before she could walk back to her place, the bell rang.

She suddenly remembered that she had to tell McGonagall about Tom not wanting to tutor her anymore. That woman was already angry. Who knew what would happen after she inform her about her extra classes.

Okay, Leo. You can do this. She's just an old lady. She won't kill you. The worst thing she would do is make you clean the toilets.

The pep talk didn't help as much as she thought. The professor eyed her curious my when she noticed that she was still standing there, shaking like a little mouse.

"Anything you want to tell me, Ms. Wright?"

Maybelle jumped slightly but nodded her head. McGonagall raised an eyebrow and let her continue.

"I....well...actually... Tom...I mean...Mr. Riddle! He....told me that I could not be-"

She stopped when another voice interrupted her. The class was empty with only Maybelle and McGonagall in the room. But Maybelle could recognise that voice anywhere. The smooth voice with an underlying coldness which only she could hear. The golden boy of the school.

Tom Riddle.

"Ms. Wright! I have been looking all over for you," he declared. Tom wished the professor with his million-dollar fame smile.

"Professor, you look lovely this evening," he cooed.

Maybelle looked around for a bin to throw up.

McGonagall blushed and waved her hand around. The two of them chatted for a while giving the raven-haired girl some time to make her escape plan.