"I want to get a gingerbread for you and me." Yoongi sniffed, pouting as he crossed his arms. Hoseok's eyes widened in surprise for a bit before chuckling and ruffling Yoongi's hair.

"You're so adorable Yoonie." Hoseok cooed. "Thank you for being thoughtful but you shouldn't really do this again okay? Look, you're hurt. I don't like seeing you hurt okay?"

Yoongi scoffed but nodded.

"You could've asked me to give you some pup. Next time ask for me to help you okay?" Namjoon asked, as he set the medicine aside. Seokjin nodded in agreement as he cut the gingerbread into two servings.

"But I want to be an alpha! I want to be the alpha alpha! The books said that an alpha provides for their mates! I want to provide for Hobi hyung!" Yoongi insisted, yelling the whole time which shocked everyone.

"Yoongi!" Seokjin exclaimed, warning the pup. "We don't raise our voices here. Where did you learn to be disrespectful?"

Yoongi froze before letting the waterworks finally flow. The pup wailed and cried, rubbing his eyes in a pathetic attempt to wipe his tears, confusing everyone.

"I'm s-sorry! I didn't mean to be bad!" Yoongi cried. Namjoon quickly carried the pup and bounced him to try and calm Yoongi down. Yoongi did stop wailing but he continued to apologize. Namjoon combed his fingers through Yoongi's hair, humming the same calming tune he used to calm Taehyung years ago. The alpha lightly rocked the pup until Yoongi fell asleep, exhausted from crying.

"Why do you think Yoongi is acting that way?" Seokjin asked, worried as he moved Yoongi's bangs to the side. Hoseok looked at Yoongi sadly as he munched on his gingerbread.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because he's nearing the age to present? Perhaps he's worried that he wouldn't be an alpha." Namjoon suggested, unsure of his answer as he looked at his brother. 

"Perhaps." Seokjin replied, pursing his lips, unsure and worried as well. Yoongi was never one to have tantrums in all these years they have raised him. The pups was too lethargic to care about anything, only knowing to sleep, study, play with his toys (unlike Hoseok who runs around like a spinning top), and cuddle.

"I suggest you put him to bed. It's his nap time anyway. I'll take care of the tea hmm." Seokjin offered, to which Namjoon nodded at.

"Can I come? I want to cuddle with Yoonie." Hoseok asked, hopping off the counter, eyes worried as he looked at Namjoon for permission. The pup still had gingerbread crumbs all over his mouth that formed a pout.

"Of course pup." Namjoon smiled at Hoseok as he carried Yoongi upstairs, the alpha pup trailing behind them.

Namjoon entered the room with ease despite carrying Yoongi as the doorway to the room doesn't exactly have a door but rather a curtain. They all still share the same room as there's only one bedroom, however the bedroom is twice as spacious as their room in the shack. There's also a skylight that's been frosted over and showing the dull, grey sky outside.

The alpha laid Yoongi down on his and Hoseok's shared bed, kissing his brother's forehead before leaving.

Hoseok didn't waste time getting on the bed as soon as Namjoon left. He wrapped his arms around the younger, pulling him close. Hoseok buried his nose in Yoongi's locks which smelled liked the forest back in the Jung territory. It's not a smell Hoseok could put to name but all he cared about is that it's a smell that belongs to Yoongi.

Hoseok lightly kissed Yoongi's dried tear marks that stained the younger pup's snowy white skin. The alpha pup took time admiring Yoongi's features, ebony black hair that's soft and bounced with ever step the pup took, small and pink heart shaped lips that's always pressed in a firm line, skin that's smooth, white as snow yet his cheeks are always rosy, showing his healthy state. Yoongi is the epitome of handsome and perfect for Hoseok, it's a childhood logic that he hoped to carry to adulthood.

Yoongi began to stir and his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Hobi?" Came Yoongi's raspy voice as he wrapped his shorter arms around Hoseok, pulling the older close.

"Hmm?" Hoseok asked, nuzzling into Yoongi's neck.

"Even if I'm going to be an alpha like you, we'll still marry each other right?" Yoongi asked, eyes shut, the words barely leaving his lips.

Hoseok looked at the other pup, smiling broadly.

"Of course!"

--
(3 years, 8 months, 5 days since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

"Jungkook that's enough."

Liquor bottles, paper and spilled ink filled the study that used to be clean and well cared for. On his desk is the king himself, writing excessively on the parchment.

Jungkook has been researching neighbouring kingdoms that they could attack for sake of SSS's satisfaction. He has listed weak kingdoms that wouldn't take much of their kingdoms resources (they have a LOT of resources, being the most powerful kingdom does that to you, however you can never predict if a famine or depression suddenly arrives so it's wise to not waste any resources at all), kingdoms that wouldn't affect their relationship with the Agust and the Aero-plania kingdom, and kingdoms that maybe poor but gutsy that wouldn't surrender as soon as they heard that Ephiphania would be fighting them.

The alpha has been writing possibilities and calculations that helps him choose which kingdom to attack. He's being stubborn, refusing to take a break, not even to take care of Jimin. Taehyung and Soobin were planned to leave yesterday to begin the search but Taehyung can't leave unless Jungkook takes a break. The queen has tried different methods, consoling him, trying to seduce him to bed (only to be scolded that now's not the right time to have sex), using the 'Jimin needs his father' card yet none of them worked. Even Seungjun tried to talk him into taking a break but the stubborn alpha refuses to listen. 

Taehyung knows only one way to do force his mate to taking a break.

Jungkook's tired and sunken eyes looked up and saw his beautiful mate, holding a tray of tea.

"If you're not going to take a break, at least drink this tea, it'll help you stay up long." Taehyung smoothly lied, his lips pursed immediately as soon as he finished speaking.

He daintily walked towards his tired mate, carefully placing the tray of tea besides the parchments and setting the empty liquor bottles down to make room.

"Thank you for understanding me my love." Jungkook sighed, watching Taehyung with tired eyes as the omega poured him a cup. "I just want to be a real king to my people. I want to prove to everyone that I can deal with this problem."

"But you already are a true king. However, a king knows when to rest and when to work. An ill king can't do anything." Taehyung replied, giving the tea to Jungkook, who took it, sipping it immediately as it was warm, not hot. He watched intently to make sure his mate drank it all. 

"If the king has fallen, then the queen has to take place." Jungkook muttered, suddenly feeling all droozy. All he could make out is Taehyung's hands and how much he wants to hold those slender fingers. Gathering all energy he had, Jungkook reached out for his mate's hand and drew it near his lips, kissing it before his vision disappeared.

Taehyung looked at his mate's unconscious body as the door slowly opened behind him. Soobin stood by the door, looking at them.

"Soobin hyung, put Ggukie to bed. Let's then depart."

---
A/N: Did you know, this book was supposed to end before the Dynamite comeback? I was held back by personal issues but it's all good now. By the way, is the book good? I need reassurance before I write the last chapters. 🥺🥺🥺

By the way, IONIQ is my jam right now 🎶