-VIII-

Seokjin ignored the stares of the drunk nobles who passed by him, thinking he’s a peasant. Some even have the audacity to kick his sides with their heels. Normally, Seokjin would have grabbed the heels of the ones who kicked him, and ask; “Would you mind if I rim your 6 inch heels up your arse?” 

However, Seokjin is waiting for Namjoon, sitting on the pavement under the clock; uncomfortable yes, his face now covered in dirt and dust but not like he has a choice in the matter. It’s now dawn and the drunkards came out from local bars to go home. Some villagers came out their homes to go to their jobs or get their stores ready.

The homeless and peasants who are asking for alms are either still asleep or robbing the drunk men. Seokjin can’t do anything to stop or help them now that he’s a run away, he would surely be caught. When he had arrived at the town square an hour earlier, he can't help but cry since he can’t find the alpha but the tiny flame of hope inside his heart told him that maybe the alpha was just running late. 

He sat under the clock on the pavement, clutching his sack tightly in front of him as he cried. Some other peasants tried to rob him but he either glared at them, let out a wave of depressed pheromones or knocked them out. He used to spar with Jungkook so he’s quite in good shape and quite strong enough to defend himself (even if Jungkook thinks so otherwise). Three children dressed in rags came and ask for any extra food. Seokjin just smiled at them and gave them a silver coin each (which mind you, can last someone 3 days), making the children leave happily with a sparkle in their eyes which Seokjin absolutely adored.

A wagon stopped in front of Seokjin, but the omega didn’t look up. Maybe it’s just another pesky noble. Then suddenly he was wrapped in an embrace. Seokjin was about to retaliate and knock some sense (literally) into the one who dares embrace him but when he saw the gleaming face of Namjoon, he cried happily and returned the embrace.

“You came!” Seokjin exclaimed, his arms wrapped around the alpha tight while tears of pure happiness seep out his eyes.

“Of course I did. I can’t believe we’re doing this.” Namjoon chuckled, breaking the hug. “I can’t believe we’re going to be liberated!”

Seokjin nodded enthusiastically before his smile faltering. “Did you not bring Yoongi?”

Namjoon carried Seokjin’s sack and set it beside another sack. Seokjin saw a baby inside the box, staring blankly at him and his omega instincts immediately kicked in.

“How could you do this to him?!” Seokjin screeched, picking up the baby and cradled him. The baby just yawned in response.

“And where do you suppose I put him? As you can see, I don’t have a horse with me. I walked all the way here, mind you. I can’t exactly carry him while holding the wagon.” Namjoon huffed, crossing his arms as he eschewed his gaze over to the grand clock.

“Awe, is the big and scary alpha tired?” Seokjin playfully taunted as he caressed Yoongi’s fluffy raven hair, the baby mumbling something incoherent in response. 

“Please consider to shut your mouth. I’m afraid you’ll get to know what a fly will taste like.” Namjoon rolled his eyes, however a playful smirk was etched on his lips, showing off his deep dimples. 

“Fine.” Seokjin giggled. “Where should we go first then?”

“I propose we stay at a local inn first. So we’ll get settled and start planning. What do you say?” Namjoon said, walking with the wagon, Seokjin walking beside him while carrying Yoongi who’s clutching the collar of his shirt.

“I’m fine with that idea! Umm, may I ask as to why Yoongi is grabbing my collar?”

Namjoon blushed.