-XVIII-

(Day 8 of Seokjin and Namjoon’s disappearance)

“Taehyung?” Jungkook called out, lips curled up into a pout as he didn't fix his gaze in only one spot. It was finally the day of his coronation and he’s shaking like a leaf in the wind.

“Yes, alpha?” Taehyung asked, walking towards Jungkook who immediately smiled after hearing him say it. The beta really doesn’t know what to feel about this since he’s not even Jungkook’s consort but if it makes the alpha happy, he’s happy. He loves him afterall.

Jungkook caressed Taehyung’s face which the latter leaned on to. The alpha then kissed Taehyung’s forehead which made the beta blush. It’s been a week and a day since he last saw Seokjin and Namjoon. The two should’ve made it to the Jung’s and probably even settled in. He needs to send Soobin out later.

“Thank you for being here for me even if I wronged you.” Jungkook said, smiling broadly. “I think I’m infatuated with you.”

Taehyung felt his breath hitch. The alpha didn’t exactly say he likes him but he’s infatuated with him! That’s enough to make Taehyung smile. Maybe perhaps he’ll get his happiness finally? Will Aphrodite finally stop fucking around and let him be happy for once?

The beta just smiled back and nodded.

“You should get ready, your Highness. “ Taehyung bowed and left Jungkook, who’s staring at his back.

“If only you were an omega, I would’ve married you.” Jungkook sighed as he walked through the doors the guards opened for him.

 The walk to the throne seemed longer than Jungkook remembered. He was buried in deep thought. Since he would be King, he could just marry Taehyung and he’ll surely get a lot of backlash but the people can’t do anything about it. But he’s only infatuated with the beta. Sure the beta is exceptionally beautiful, great, kind, noble, clever and cunning, and did Jungkook mentioned beautiful? Taehyung also helps him a lot, especially during his rut- not in a sexual way but he did fed him and bathe him while he was chained.

Okay so Jungkook is maybe whipped but he can’t just act out of emotions. He has a nation to serve. And it’s not like the court will accept an illegitimate heir.

‘Ah, my head hurts. I shouldn’t be thinking about this when I’m going to be crowned.’ Jungkook sighed, finally reaching the throne.

The Archbishop began his speech but Jungkook hardly paid any attention. Something about the Gods blessing them for his presence and that he would hopefully be a good heir that will continue to help their kingdom flourish.

“And with the power the Gods bestowed upon me, you are now crowned King of Ephiphania!” The archbishop finally ended then placed the crown on Jungkook’s head.

The whole audience and court officials clapped and cheered loudly, signaling the commoners outside surrounding the palace to cheer as well. Some would say they all moved on fairly quick from Seokjin and Namjoon's death but there's really no merit from moping around. They're sure their late beloved Prince and noble would want them to be happy as well and not dwell on their death.

Jungkook bowed and went to the balcony, followed by Taehyung and a few selected court officials.

“I know we lost great men that’s responsible for our kingdom’s great stability and economical success, but I vow to you my dear people that I’ll follow after our beloved late Prince Kim Seokjin and Lord Kim Namjoon! I’ll try to serve you as good as they did to you! I’ll make sure that the guilty person or group who assassinated them will be put to justice- so my people help me in making our nation great while finding justice!” Jungkook yelled, punching a fist into the air, earning cheers and applauds from the people below them.

Jungkook let out a breath and smiled at the court officials who congratulated him. He looked at where Taehyung is supposed to be but the beta wasn’t there. Jungkook pouted, a little sad that the beta didn’t congratulate him and is nowhere to be seen. Then Jungkook frowned. Actually where is Taehyung?

The alpha looked around the ballroom and quickly entertained noble and royal women and omegas that tried to flirt with him, hoping to be his queen. Jungkook searched and looked around, only to see the beta with Soobin… Again.

The alpha frowned slightly. He has been seeing the two lately together and he could even catch a small whiff of Soobin’s scent on Taehyung. He can’t help but be jealous but he knows he has no right to be. It’s not like he owns the beta nor is Taehyung his consort. It’s not like he likes the beta either… Sure. He’s just infatuated with the beta, that’s all.

But even so, despite denying internally, he can’t help but follow after the two as they left the ballroom, making sure that they’re doing anything that mates should be doing. Jungkook really doesn’t know why he’s feeling this way. And besides, isn’t Soobin mated? If Jungkook remembers correctly, the alpha and his mate should be expecting a pup soon.

Jungkook followed the two until they entered Taehyung’s study, to which the alpha silently cursed at. He can’t enter and spy on them without being caught. The alpha could only lean against the door and hope to be able to hear what they’re saying.

And the first thing Jungkook heard is a squeal.
--
“Soobin!” Taehyung squealed as he violently shake the poor alpha’s arm.

“Mind sharing?” Soobin chuckled. Eversince yesterday, he and the beta have grown quite closer.

“Jungkook told me he’s infatuated with me before the ceremony! Isn’t it amazing! I mean sure infatuation wouldn’t last long but I’m just happy he’s infatuated with me in the first place!” Taehyung cried, streaming out tears of joy as he embraced Soobin who just awkwardly embraced him back.

The alpha couldn’t help but smile, the beta just acts a lot like Prince Seokjin, having duality and all. They would be all composed and serious around the public but act differently to people they trust or loved. Soobin is quite happy that Taehyung trusted him.

“Hey, have faith in yourself would you? Maybe the prince will grow to love you.” Soobin tried to assure but the beta only shook his head.

“No. We all know that he’s bound to mate with an omega or a woman anyway. I’ll just be content with the fact that he’s infatuated with me, even if it wouldn’t last. Love needs sacrifice and I’m willing to do so for him. I only just want to see him happy and well. I also served my purpose as a mate to alpha Namjoon by helping him.” Taehyung smiled through tears.

Soobin winced, he really doesn’t like it when people cry. Especially if he can’t help them with their problems.

“You’re a really kind soul. You don’t deserve all of this. You deserve to be happy as well. You keep making sacrifices for the sake of others but have you even thought about yourself?” Soobin scolded, taking a handkerchief out and wiping Taehyung’s tears away. Soobin would’ve laughed at the beta seeing as he has snot dripping out of his nostrils- seriously, Taehyung is like the little brother he always asked for. The alpha handed Taehyung the handkerchief who immediately blew into it before tossing it aside then embracing Soobin again. He just wants hugs and friendly cuddles, and the alpha luckily understood him- wrapping his arms around the beta as well.

“Thank you for being a good friend Soobin hyung. Your mate is seriously lucky to have you, when can I even meet them?” Taehyung said as he moved to sofa to cuddle with the alpha.

“I’m not really sure. How about later? I’m sure you wouldn’t have any schedules later. Besides, I’ll be heading out tomorrow to seek for Prince Seokjin and Lord Namjoon.” Soobin said.

“Right… You have to leave for days and I’ll be lonely with no friend to talk to!” Taehyung whined and tightened his hold unto the alpha.

“I swear you’re more clingy than my mate.” Soobin chuckled, to which Taehyung laughed at.
--

Jungkook couldn’t hear what’s going on inside the room so he slightly opened the door as quietly as he could.

“I swear you’re more clingy than my mate.” Soobin chuckled and Taehyung laughed.

Jungkook swore he was seeing red.

--
A/N:I'll be posting continuously until Chapter 20 before I'll follow the original schedule.