-XLIV-

(2 months and 23 days [Night 80] since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

The sun has started to set and Namjoon has just started to chop some firewood while Seokjin lit up lanterns, Yoongi in his hold while Hoseok held onto him by his dress.

"Okay, Hobi, cuddle with Yoonie and keep him warm okay! Hyungie will just cook dinner." Seokjin said, making Hoseok sit on the bed then giving a giggling Yoongi to the toddler before wrapping them in a thick warm coat Taehyung also managed to sneak out from the palace. Speaking of Taehyung, the omega queen would be visiting them for Seokjin's birthday and should arrive by tomorrow, early in the morning with Soobin.

What Seokjin didn't know, Namjoon has something planned with Taehyung.

Hoseok held Yoongi tightly, looking at the baby in his arms in awe as Seokjin left them. The toddler loved the way Yoongi would make gurgling sounds or utter small words. The way Yoongi just looks so handsome with his blank stare and look adorable when he giggles. Hoseok wanted nothing more than to protect Yoongi with all that he can.

"If Hobi omega, beta ow awpha, Hobi protec Yoonie!" Hoseok smiled, kissing Yoongi all over his face, making the baby laugh and thrash around. "Otay... Wub wub." Yoongi responded, embracing the other pup. "Awee... Hobi wub wub Yoonie too!" Hoseok exclaimed, hugging the baby tighter.

The two pups cuddled together under the warm blanket, Hoseok looking at the beautiful blue flower by the window sill, Namjoon's first courting gift to Seokjin. Hoseok was mesmerised by it wanting to hold it.

"Does Yoonie wan go expwowe? We go an- ant bentueee! Hobi wan pwetti fwower!" Hoseok exclaimed, pointing at the flower. Yoongi followed Hoseok's finger and gaped at the beautiful blue flower that has gone larger from Seokjin's constant care. Yoongi just smiled at the flower while Hoseok approached and picked it up. The pup held the flower pot close as he took a sniff on the flower, only to sneeze constantly from the pollens that managed to get in his nostrils. Since Hoseok was surprised by his own sneezes, he accidentally dropped the flower pot, breaking it and spilling soil all over the place.

Namjoon was putting the firewood away and was heading inside the shack, carrying a few firewood to light up the fireplace as snow began to fall again. The alpha was about to enter the shack when he suddenly heard something shattering and Hoseok's cries, making him drop all the firewood on instinct and rush to the bedroom, stopping by the doorway. Seokjin was by the doorway, a horrified expression on his face as he looked inside.

Hoseok was on the floor, crying, his feet bloody as shattered ceramic pieces and soil surrounded him. Yoongi was on the bed, looking at Hoseok with worry.

"Oh, Hobi!" Seokjin exclaimed, rushing to the pup to pick him up, the toddler immediately clinging unto him as he cried. Namjoon went to the kitchen to fetch the dustpan and broom leaning by the kitchen counter before returning to the room to quickly clean up the mess.

Seokjin made Hoseok sit on the bed before fetching the basin and water jug from the top of the dresser. The omega first inspected if there's small pieces still sticking to Hoseok's feet and found one.

"Baby, I need to be strong okay? This is going v to hurt." Seokjin sighed, seeing the frantic look on Hoseok's face. Suddenly, Yoongi reached for Hoseok's hand and held it, smiling reassuringly when the toddler looked at him with teary eyes.

"Hobi strong. 'obi.... Pwot- Yoonie!" Yoongi exclaimed, holding Hoseok's hand tight as he leaned in and kissed the latter on the cheek. Hoseok wiped away his tears with his free hand and showed Yoongi a look of determination.

"Otay! Jinnie hyung, Hobi readwy!" Hoseok exclaimed, pouting his lips as if to show he's really scared inside but hiding it to show Yoongi that he's brave. Seokjin chuckled at that as he pinched Hoseok where the ceramic piece got stuck, squeezing it out. Hoseok cried but didn't thrash around, holding unto Yoongi tightly.