-XLVIII-

(6 months and 29 days since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

"I'm here!" Taehyung exclaimed, making his presence known to Seokjin who was in the kitchen, baking another cake for Yoongi's birthday.

"I can see that very clearly." Seokjin chuckled, not taking his eyes off his work, pouring melted chocolate over the base cake. Taehyung tossed his sack on the sofa before walking over to Seokjin who's now three months into the pregnancy, his bump showing through his dress.

"How are you my dear brother in law?" Taehyung teased, knowing how Seokjin hated formality (except being called hyung) at all costs.

"Please refrain from talking like that. It gives me goosebumps." Seokjin scoffed, decorating the cake with beautiful blue and white edible flowers. "But I'm doing quite well, thank you. How about you? I haven't heard anything from you since Hobi's birthday." The older omega slightly pouted, making sure that Taehyung saw it.

"Oh I have a lot to tell!" Taehyung exclaimed happily, perking Seokjin's interest. "Oh? Do tell." The older omega ushered, still focusing on the decorations on the cake.

"Well, Ggukie has been forced by the court to take a consort! Can you believe them?! They said I might not be able to produce pups that's why Gguk needs a royal consort." Taehyung pouted while Seokjin just stared at him as if he just ate dirt. "Why the hell do you look so happy then?!"

"Well, I was upset at first. But Jungkook assured me that he'll only love me and me alone. He's merely getting a consort out of duty. Then I got to know his consort, his name is Beomgyu and he's such an adorable human bean!" Taehyung exclaimed, making pinching gestures, imagining Beomgyu's cheeks before him. Jungkook would treat Beomgyu like a friend but barely interact with the omega at all which the consort didn't mind. Taehyung however, treated Beomgyu like his best friend, taking him everywhere along with Soobin.

"Are you sure you're not hiding your jealousy underneath that happy facade?" Seokjin asked, now covering the freshly decorated cake with a lid to prevent flies from getting to it. "Goodness no! I really appreciate Beomgyu being the one Gguk chose instead of a bitchy and stuck up noble omega who thinks they can steal Gguk from me. I like Beomgyu because he's not even asking for Gguk's constant attention and he loves seeing me and Gguk happy together. Sure, he also has the same mating mark as me and is now probably carrying Gguk's pups but I don't mind."

Taehyung then trailed off and looked at his flat stomach, caressing it while smiling sadly. "My heat hasn't came at all so me and Gguk didn't have a chance to make pups of our own. At least with Beomgyu, Gguk has an heir that would make people and the court happy."

Seokjin pursed his lips before embracing the younger omega. "Oh Tae... I'm sorry you have to lose your pups..."

"It's fine really! I'll be happy to take care of Yoongs, Hobi, Yeonjun, yours and Beomgyu's pups! I'll be the best babysitter ever!" Taehyung smiled genuinely, leaving Seokjin no choice but to admire his optimism. He has never seen someone so positive and optimistic despite all he's been through.

Seokjin sent Taehyung a sceptical look.

"You sure you're fine? If I'm in your situation, I would probably cry and throw a tantrum at my alpha for even having a consort." Seokjin joked, trying to light the mood for himself as Taehyung seemed fine enough already.

"I am silly! Just having Jungkook by my side and loving me is enough. And the pups or pup Beomgyu is carrying will be the future of our kingdom. It's all for the greater good."

Seokjin smiled at Taehyung in admiration before ruffling the younger omega's hair.

"You're really fit to be queen Tae. So selfless and kind. Truly unlike me that's such a brat. Not that I don't regret it though. Miraculously, my selfishness and bratty nature get me this amazing life with an alpha I truly love, pups to love and take care of, a humble house, and the soon to be light of our lives." Seokjin stated looking at his bump and caressing it.