-XIII-

(Day 3 of Seokjin and Namjoon's disappearance)

Once out of the city, and on the dirt road, Namjoon stopped by the side of a small forest, not far from the road. 

“Why did we stop?” Seokjin asked, curiously scanning the area to search reasons as to why the alpha stopped, Yoongi awake and on his arms, yawning.

“I’m sure you and Yoongi are feeling hot. It’s the middle of the day after all.” Namjoon said as he  took some blankets out. “Rest underneath the trees if you will.” 

Seokjin nodded and got off the wagon before sitting on a rock underneath a shade with Yoongi.

“Your brother is a very excellent man don’t you think?” Seokjin said, looking at Yoongi who just gave him a blank stare. “You’re adorable you know that?” 

Yoongi let out a gummy smile and nodded. 

“Oh so my little baby loves to be complimented huh?” Seokjin cooed, pouting instinctively as warmth filled his heart. “You’re the best and most adorable baby. You’re absolutely a delight!” 

Yoongi giggled and kissed Seokjin’s cheeks before hugging the latter. “Awwww! So adorable!” Seokjin cooed, tickling the baby who let out high pitched laughter. 

Namjoon on the other hand smiled at the two when he gazed at them from time to time. He hammered a pole in the front and the back of the wagon and hammered a pole in the middle. He draped a large blanket that he and Seokjin sew yesterday over the beam, making it look like a tent.  With the help of ropes, he tied the blanket down on both sides of the wagon. 

When he finished, he made Astrid drink from a bowl of water and gave the horse some apples. Namjoon brought a loaf of bread and some water before heading over to Seokjin and Yoongi. 

“Here, have a loaf and water. I’ll take Yoongi.” Namjoon said, giving the goods before taking Yoongi from Seokjin. The omega took a bite before frowning. “Wait, you’re the one who has been working, why am I the one eatimg?!” Seokjin exclaimed before making a look of disbelief.

“But-“

“Yahh!”

“Seokjin-“ 

“Yah!” Namjoon chuckled, seeing as Yoongi kept copying Seokjin, making small ‘yah’s as well. 

Suddenly Seokjin shoved half of the loaf in Namjoon’s mouth and the alpha had no choice but to eat it. Yoongi had the smart idea of slapping the loaf, making Namjoon choke on it. The baby giggled as he watched his brother got into a coughing fit. 

“Joonie!” Seokjin exclaimed in alarm as he took the laughing Yoongi and handed the alpha some water. 

Namjoon drank the water and swallowed the  softened bread with ease. 

“You’re quite a little devil aren’t ya?” Seokjin cooed at Yoongi who just laughed harder. 

“What a sadist. He founds pleasure in my demise.” Namjoon sighed, tickling the baby’s chin who stopped laughing and slapped Namjoon’s hand away before laughing again. 

Seokjin cooed before looking at Namjoon. “Let’s depart shall we?” 

Namjoon nodded as he rode on top of Astrid. Seokjin and Yoongi then got inside the wagon then noticed that the alpha doesn’t have a cover. 

“Why don’t you have a cover?!” Seokjin exclaimed while Yoongi giggled, as if the baby loves seeing Namjoon getting scolded by the omega. 

“Nothing I can’t handle. Besides, I have a hat.” Namjoon said, putting on a hat. Seokjin sighed in defeat. “Whatever helps you sleep at night.”