Call Your Name - Chapter 17

BLINKS! Hope you have a quick scan on the previous chapters before reading this chapter.
I'm sorry if it took long for another update. So, here it is.

Enjoy reading!

================================================================================================================================================================

--JENNIE P.O.V.—Pt.2

It's getting cold here. I shoved my hands inside the pocket of my jeans and let my coat unmoved below me.

It was not a good start. But let me tell you what happened that night in Washington Highlands, where I was lying on the floor of the sidewalk that also made my clothes dumped with its filthy moist.

An American couple saw me, untied me and brought me to the hospital. After medical treatments and questions from the authorities, an Asian man came to me with my passport and visa on his hand, he looked at my casted leg and my bruises from a far. I saw his frowned face; he was mad on what happened to me. Maybe he thought it's intense racism which led me to be in that misfortunate event.

"Hello Ms. Jennie Kim. I'm Hyun Bin, from Embassy of the Republic of Korea." We weakly shook hands. I'm still at bay on what he was doing there. "I have heard what happened to you." I only looked at him with my dozing eyes, it's hard to concentrate with that tiredness. "Okay, you take a quick nap, I'll wait till you're okay." He patted my head and gently walked out of the room.

The next day I was conscious, he was sitting on a couch by the side of my bed with another woman I also didn't recognize. The woman stood after seeing me awoke.

"Ms. Kim, I'm glad you're up." Her expressions are the same with Mr. Hyun Bin last night. She held my arm, there's a heaviness on her grip.
"I'm Son Yejin, Chairman of Samsuk fashion line. I rushed here after Hyun Bin called me—"
I looked at him, he smiled at me.

"He told me that you don't have a place to stay?" I only nodded slowly.

"Great!" Now her hand went to the back of my hand. She's now more energetic than him.
"Will you take it if I find you a home?" It was weird how it escalated quickly.
"How am I supposed to afford it?" I said, removing her hands on my hand.
"I will lend you your down payment for the house—" She said, with confidence on her voice.
Though she sounds like she really wanted to help me.

"...and I'll find a perfect job for you in my building. What do you s—"

"Ms. Son, you knew what happened to me. I was welcomed by criminals first. You know how it affected me by my appearance. We only met today. I only met Mr. Hyun Bin last night. How am I to trust you people?! I don't even know your hidden agendas on helping me!" I said loudly, keeping Mr. Park out of my informal narrative.
She gently pushed my shoulders to the bed, wanting me to calm down.

She sat on front of me, her eyes changed, there is sadness and anger started to show.

"I'm here to help people like you Ms. Kim. People in my race, people with the same experience as me. So, will you like me to help you?" So, she was rob before? Beaten? Ra—ah no, that can't be.

I really need to stay here for the sake of my mom's safety. I didn't have a choice but to accept the help.

I stayed in the hospital for almost a month, not because of the bruises, but because of my affected leg. I was already cast-free but needed a slow rehabilitation for my gait without the help of crutches. It costed Ms. Son Yejin 50,000 USD for my hospital expenses. I can't believe her; she still saved the face which one I saw on the first time I met her. I don't know how long I will repay her for these, and she also bought me clothes and brought me foods.