It's Not Your Fault. Part 1: For hiromysuperhero

Start from the beginning

I walked over to the pond and saw air bubbles near the middle. I waited a few seconds, waiting for her head to pop up, but the air bubbles disappeared all together. "(Y/ N)!" I shouted, jumping in after her, not caring that I was still fully clothed.

I quickly swam to the bottom and center of the pond, swimming in a diagonal line to (Y/ N). I saw a dark mass near the floor and quickly swam to it. To her.

She hit the floor. Her head hit a rock and bounced slightly. Her arms followed, hitting the sand at the bottom. My lungs began to burn. I wrapped my arm around her waist, her back against my side, and swam straight up to the surface as quickly as I could.

As soon as I could, I sucked in a big breath of air. I quickly noticed (Y/ N) wasn't breathing and panicked. "Toothless!" I shouted, swimming to the dry ground. "Toothless! Help!" He glided over and landed in the water next to us. I grabbed onto his saddle and he began to swim to the land at a much faster rate than a human.

Once Toothless got us to the shallow water, I lifted (Y/ N) bridal style and carried her until there was no water. I quickly laid her down and pushed the water out of her lungs.

She woke suddenly, sitting up and leaning to her side as the water came out of her lungs.

"(Y/ N)!" I cried, tears falling to the ground. I put a hand on her shoulder as she laid back down, gasping for air.

"H- Hiccup."

Her eyes closed. Her head rolled slightly to the side. Her breathing became softer. Quieter.

"(Y/ N)!" I screamed, pulling her up slightly by her shoulders. "NO! (Y/ N)! (Y/ N), NO! DON'T LEAVE! OPEN YOUR EYES!" I laid her back down and put my hands in my lap. "No." I began to sob. Her breathing was soft and quiet, but it was better than her being dead. I shivered at the thought. "Toothless! Come on, bud! We need to get (Y/ N) to the healers." I carried (Y/ N) to Toothless and we flew to my house.

I carried her inside and set her carefully on my bed before telling Toothless to stay with her and running to the first person I saw.

"Hey!" I called.

Tuffnut turned around. "Yeah?"

"This is an emergency! (Y/ N) is unconscious. She almost drowned at the cove. I need you to get Gothi and Gobber and tell them to go to my house. Do you got that?"

He shook his head slightly. "I'm sorry, what did you say? The house behind you is so brown..."

I sighed, aggregated and said, "Never mind. Just forget it."

"Whatever you say, Hiccup."

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled, landing next to me on Stormfly. "Hiccup, I need to know what (Y/ N) wants for her birthday."

"Astrid! Thank the Gods your here! I need your help." I told her what I told Tuffnut and she looked mortified. She was good friends with (Y/ N). "Can you do that?"

"Yes. Now hurry! Get back to (N/N)! I'll be back with Gothi and Gobber as soon as possible!" she demanded, jumping on Stormfly and flying away.

I ran back to (Y/ N) and pulled a chair up next to the bed. A few minutes later, Gobber came running in, followed by Astrid and Gothi.

"What happened?" Gobber asked as Gothi started looking over her.

"She was at the cove, swimming in the pond. And she must have stayed to long underwater and passed out. When I got there, there were air bubbles from the air leaving her lungs and I jumped in after (Y/N). I pulled her to the surface and she wasn't breathing," I paused, tears starting to fall. "I- I got her b- b- breathing again a- and she woke up and coughed out w- water and w- went b- back t- t- to sleep. I tried to wake her b- b- but she w- wouldn't."