Buffalord Sister: For kuramaslover123

Buffalord Sister

For kuramaslover123 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 16. Hiccup is 18

Race To The Edge

Brother- sister one shot

************************

You zoomed over the open sea on (D/N), enjoying the nice day quite on patrol. "Alpha quadrant is clear of anything but water and- wait." (D/N) indicated that she saw the ship, too. "You're right, girl. Let's go check it out."

You hovered over the boat, not finding a single viking in sight. You hummed, walking inside. You called out, but only your echoes replied. (D/N) was on edge but curious.

"They must have abandoned ship. Weird. It doesn't look like they were in any kind of trouble." You stopped short when you heard a faint groan. "Hello?" you called, taking a torch off the wall. You held it out for (D/N) to light, then looked inside the dark room. "Ugh! What is that stench?"

You raised the torch to lite the room and gasped at the multiple bodies lying still on the ground. Many had been dead for days, and all were a sickly pale green. Another groan came from beside you.

You yelped as a man suddenly scratched your arm. "Help." You recoiled in pain as the man collapsed back to the ground, dead.

Tears slipped down your cheeks as you cried, "Let's get out of here, (D/N)," and flew off.

*********

You landed outside the forge Hiccup and you made for the Edge. He was talking to Astrid and Fishlegs over what seemed to be your newest invention while the others were goofing around.

"Oh, (N/N)," he greeted. "I was just telling Astrid and Fishlegs about our new- what's wrong? Did you see something on patrol? Are you okay?" He rushed to your aid, and you pulled him into reassuring hug.

"I'm fine, just a bit spooked. We saw something that was quite disturbing."

"What? Hunters? Trapped Dragons? Viggo?" Fishlegs guessed. You shook your head in denial.

"Oh! I love this game. Okay, now it's my turn, everyone quiet. (N/N), is what you found bigger than a yak box?" Tuffnut asked, suddenly throwing himself into the conversation.

You weren't in the mood for games, though. "A fishing boat. I found a fishing boat full of-"

"I'm supposed to guess before you tell me. Doesn't anyone know how to play?" he complained, then went to rambling softly to himself.

You ignored him, pulling Hiccup closer. "It was just drifting out there. We went to take a closer look. But what we found inside it was-" you choked up.

"Was what?" Snotlout asked, impatient.

"Snotlout! She's obviously in distress! Give her time!" Astrid ordered.

"No, I'm fine," you stated, turning so you faced the others. I found bodies. Dead bodies. Their skin was all pale and green. We got out of there as fast as we could."

"Survivors?" asked Fishlegs.

"Yes. One."

Hiccup straightened. "Then we need to go back out there and help them. Toothless."

You pulled his arm before he flew off. "Hiccup, it's too late." Your voice wavered as more tears fell. "I saw him die, big brother."

He pulled you into another hug as you cried as quietly as you could. "(N/N)."