Little Mute One: For Miraculous_Bunny

Little Mute One

For Miraculous_Bunny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 17, Hiccup is 19.

****************

You watched from behind a tree as Hiccup played with Toothless in the cove.

He seemed to be having fun playing with his dragon, but you were almost certain he knew where you were.

You smiled as the boy you liked laughed.

But you knew he would never like you back.

Why?

One word.

Mute.

You were mute.

As this entered your mind once again your smile vanished. Your hands slipped from its place and you fell over with a gasp.

"Whoa there," a voice said, catching you last minute. It was Hiccup. He set you up right and asked, "What's a pretty girl like you doing spying on me?" You didn't answer. How did he suddenly appear in front of you? Did you really zone out for that long? "Um, are you going to answer me, pretty girl?" he chuckled.

You tilted you head slightly, confused. Didn't he know you were mute? I mean, sure you didn't spend a lot of time with other people, but when you did they knew you were mute. Wait. He called you pretty!

"No answer then? Okay. How about this: what's your name?"

You frowned and looked around for a good stick and a patch of dirt. You easily found both and wrote one word in the dirt using the stick.

Mute.

"Oh. Sorry," he apologized. "Have I seen you before?"

You nodded and wrote I live in the village.

"Really? How odd, I thought I knew just about everyone. Anyways I'm Hiccup and this is Toothless," he gestured to his night fury, "but I'm sure you knew that."

You nodded once.

"What's your name?"

You wrote your name in the dirt.

"(Y/ N)- oh! Now I remember! You're the girl who turned mute after watching her parents die in a dragon attack!"

You frowned, but nodded.

"I know this is kinda late but I'm sorry for your loss." You nodded. "Wanna go for a flight with me and Toothless?"

You stared at his dragon for a moment before taking a step back and shaking your head no.

"Don't be scared. Toothless won't hurt you. He's very friendly, as I'm sure you saw when you were watching us in the cove." He laughed once when you blushed slightly from embarrassment. He held out his hand. "Come on," he coaxed. "Just one lap around the island? Please?" ((Please note that in this Hiccup and Astrid are just friends))

After a few moments of giving it some thought, you shook your head no again, taking another step back.

"Please, (Y/ N)? If you don't like it after, uh, three minutes then just tell me and we can stop. But just try it, please?"

You gave in and nodded, taking his outstretched hand.

"Thank you," he smiled, then led you to Toothless and helped you on.

It was very windy in the sky. You were terrified of heights. And Toothless liked to fly fast, increasing the wind. After five minutes you couldn't handle it anymore. Tears sprang to your eyes and you pointed to the ground.