What You Never Expect: For alphaflower

For alphaflower 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 16

*******************

Hiccup's P.O.V

*******************

The entire village waited around the docks. My dad stood at the front, having ordered everyone to move off of the docks. He didn't want to frighten away our guests.

Being his son and the heir to the throne of Berk, I was at his left side, with Gobber being on his right. Toothless was at my other side, eager to meet the legendary night fury.

The (L/N) family is a popular family, going around village to village performing odd but stunning tricks and stunts. It is rumored to be amazing to watch and that one of the daughter's performs with her pet night fury. When I heard the (L/N) family was coming, I was excited. I had been waiting to see another night fury; to prove that Toothless isn't alone.

The ship docked, and every moment seemed to last a year. The family had many people to its name- strange people at that. They wore bright, expensive looking but tacky and mismatched clothing and many painted their faces. One man never smiled, only kept a frown, but he painted a smile on his face. Again, strange family.

A decently dressed man walked up to us. He stood before us, bending at the waist to study me, then standing taller to study dad, then Gobber.

"I assume you," he paused to empathize, suddenly turning from me to dad, "are the chief of this island."

"You are correct. Welcome to Berk!" dad bellowed, cheerfully.

"Thank you, uh, Stoick, is it?" the man asked.

"Correct, my fine friend. This is my son, Hiccup, his dragon, Toothless, and my right hand man, Gobber," he introduced.

"(M/N)!" he called.

"Yes, dear?" a woman asked, walking to his side. Her eyes immediately locked onto Toothless, who was using his teeth to itch a scratch under his arm. Gross. "Oh my."

"Are my eyes deceiving I?" he asked.

"I think not so, dear."

"A night fury! Intriguing! And (Y/ N) said (D/N) was the last of them!"

"Who's (Y/ N)?" I asked as politely as I could.

"Our daughter. (Cousin's name), could you go fetch (Y/ N), please?"

"Sure thing," a young teenaged boy answered, running back onto the boat.

"How many people are still on the boat?" I asked.

"Just a few. Mostly (Y/ N) and (D/N). They tend to stay on the ship because of most island's views on dragons. But it seems like Berk is a different story," the man observed.

Dad took the change to gloat. "We used to think of the dragons as devils, but now- because of my son- we are at peace with dragons!"

I blushed slightly and ducked my head.

"So this skinny boy made peace between Vikings and dragons here?" a girl's voice asked.

"He did, indeed," dad continued to gloat.

I looked up as the girl's footsteps came close. "And is that a night fury by his side?"

"Yes," I answered for myself. I looked up to see the most beautiful girl alive. Her (H/ L), (H/T) (H/ C) hair and bright (E/C) eyes matched the smile that appeared at my answer. "H- His name is Toothless."