Silent Scream: For pinkpastelgoth83

Silent Scream

For pinkpastelgoth83

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warning: this does have depression and cutting and related stuff in it. Do not read if it will affect you negatively.

You are both 17

*****************

Hiccup walked upstairs, away from his father's disappointed stare. Why couldn't his parents be happy for him? Did they want him to be miserable his entire life? He had a good job, good friends, a wonderful girlfriend, and a jumpstart in a career. Well, he had a jumpstart in the career he wanted. His parents were going to make him quit tomorrow.

He couldn't help but let the tears slip down his cheeks. He hurried to his room, not needing another argument with his father for being "weak".

Why couldn't his parents be like (Y/ N)? She encouraged him to take the career he wanted. She was never disappointed in him, not even when he failed a test or rebounded from his cutting habits. All she ever did was support and love him for who he is, not who his parents wanted him to be.

He leaned against his bedroom door and breathed deeply. Just a few more months, then he'd be eighteen and free to leave. No one could stop him. And he'd have (Y/ N) there for emotional support.

He smiled at the memory of them making the promise to "run away" together. They would be eighteen, so it wasn't really running away, but the term made the journey much more thrilling, as (Y/ N) enlightened. She wasn't wrong, she never was, as Hiccup had eventually learned and accepted.

His father's loud words fell upon his ears. "That boy should not be throwing his life away for some stupid fantasy! He could have everything: a job, a family, plenty of money! But, no, he chooses to waste his time with that girl! A girl who is filling his head with petty dreams! She is going to ruin his life! And when that day finally comes, we'll be here waiting. Stupid, ungrateful boy!" His father naturally had an overbearing voice, but he spoke that loudly from the kitchen downstairs on purpose.

Hiccup could not hear his mother's response, nor was he sure if he wanted to. Though she rarely spoke harshly to him and never verbally attacked (Y/N), she didn't stop his father from doing so.

He wanted to scream. To release his frustration.

He felt the urge to cut again, making it his sixth rebound. He was getting better, though, and went to snapping the rubber band (Y/ N) gave him. She also took his blade, as to help prevent another rebound.

"If you ever need me, call me," her words echoed in his ears.

Quickly, he snatched up his phone and scrolled to her contact information. He pressed call, then held his phone up to his ear.

He waited.

One ring.

Two rings.

He hung up.

He had realized the time, and didn't want to disturb you if you happened to be enjoying a peaceful slumber. You didn't deserve a troubled wrench like him. He was nothing but disappointment. Though you didn't see it now, you would sure realize it later. Hiccup couldn't stand the thought of losing you. You saved his life. Just by thinking of your smile, Hiccup had stopped himself from making a rather permanent solution before it was too late.

He longed to see your smile but knew it would have to wait. For now, he grabbed his guitar and carefully placed it in its bag. He climbed out the second story window and used his backyard fence to make a smaller jump to the ground. He silently grabbed his bike and peddled a few blocks to his favorite park. It was where he met you, after all.