Untold Words: For DragonGirl2003

Untold Words

For DragonGirl2003 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 19

*******************

Warm day: check.

Nice cool breeze: check.

Bright sun: check.

Blue sky: check.

Puffy white clouds: check.

Soft patch of grass: check.

A nice book to read: check.

A friend to sit beside you: check.

Nice smile: gone.

Happy, carefree attitude: stripped away.

Tears: check.

Broken heart: it's still braking.

Astrid pulled you into her arms with a sorrowful glance. You let out a loud sob, wrapping your arms around your new best human friend.

"D- did he r- really say a- all t- tho- those a- awful things?" you stuttered.

You felt Astrid nod and strengthen the hug. "I'm afraid so, (N/ N)."

"Worthless."

"Ugly."

"Not worth my time."

"Unfit."

"Not qualified to be a chief's wife."

You cried harder as you imagined Hiccup saying all those to your face, not just behind your back.

"He also told me that he has eyes on another girl in Berk and that he is secretly dating her. But don't tell him that I told you. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone." You sobbed harder. "I'm sorry to say that, (N/ N), but I thought you deserved to know."

"Don't be sorry, Astrid. I'm glad I was told, and by a trustworthy friend, no less. I really do appreciate your honesty."

Astrid smiled. "Anything for you."

***********

Hiccup stared at Astrid in shock, searching her face for any hint of trickery or lies.

"No," he shook his head in denial. "(N/ N)- my (N/ N)- wouldn't do that."

"It's true."

"No, it's not!" Hiccup insisted, pleading to Thor that this was a trick. A prank. A lie. Anything but the truth. But deep down inside, he knew it to be true.

"Yes, it is, Hiccup," Astrid assured, setting her hand gently upon his shoulder. "She also told me that she is secretly dating another guy on Berk. But don't tell her that I told you. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone."

"Snotlout is way stronger than Hiccup. Hiccup is too scrawny and weak. Snotlout is all strength and power."

Hiccup fell to his knees. "It can't be true. It can't be!" he sobbed.

Astrid sank to her knees as well, leaning his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I told you, but I thought that you deserved to know."

"D- Don't be sorry, Astrid. I'm glad I was told. And by a trustworthy friend like you, no less. I really appreciate you telling me what she said. Thank you."

Astrid smiled. "Anything for you."

****************

"You know," started Fishlegs, when he was alone with Astrid, "you shouldn't have lied. They'll discover the truth. Your lie will just come back to-"