The Cliche Stuff

A pair of large brown eyes peeked from behind one of the ancient bookshelves in the Hogwarts library.

Should've come here earlier.

There were way too many people for her own liking but she had a mission today that she had been ignoring for way too long. It was the day she would do her research on Basilisks.

Maybelle quickly went back to scheme through anything related to the great beast.

Hmm...let's see.

How to Feed Hippogryphs, 1000 Recipes with Dragon Meat, Curses Through the Years, Most Brutal Hexes, Best Amorentia......should I read it later?

No, focus Leo.

Mermaids and Sirens, The most dangerous beast.....

Hmm...

Let's see that one.

Maybelle smiled to herself and started pulling out the huge book from the shelf. However, no matter how much she tried, it won't budge. She slightly frowned and gave a powerful tug on the old bind, finally securing the book in her hand.

A pale hand peaked through the empty space where the book was before. Maybelle raised a questioning eyebrow, trying to understand its origin. Was it a Hogwarts library thing to show hands after taking a book?

Before she could stop herself, her hand automatically decided to poke the strange hand to check if it would move or not. She almost screeched when the hand jerked back. With a large gaping mouth, she crouched down to the level of the now vacant gap to peer through it.

Instead of a ghostly pale hand, she was met with piercing dark eyes glaring right at her very soul. Within seconds she has backed away from the cursed shelf quite dramatically managing to knock over a few other books that were piled behind her.

It didn't take a genius to know who those eyes belonged to. Maybelle already knew that she would have to trust her super ninja skill to avoid facing him and eventually getting her book snatched away from her.

She almost flew towards the petite looking woman who was the librarian and slammed the book on her table almost sending her to the afterlife.

"Oh deary, you almost scared me to death," she stuttered and pushed her glasses up on her nose.

"Need this book."

The woman gave her a displeased look for her straightforward language but decided not to say anything.

Maybelle almost broke her quill in half while signing her name in her drunk cockroach handwriting and sprinted out of the door. She was pushing past all the busy students towards her Ravenclaw dorms. She could even hear a few girly squeals cutting through the air but she knew better than to stop.

Her robes almost appeared like her raven wings as she climbed up the stairs with almost godspeed.

Just a corner. Come on Leo.

Her breathing was becoming more and more laboured. She mentally cursed at herself for not doing any physical exercises anymore. With so much to explore, she barely got time to polish her karate skills.

As soon as she took a turn, her legs literally screeched to a sudden break. In front of her, stood the golden boy of Hogwarts with the look of a serial killer about to drink the blood of his victim.

Okay, that was a bit of exaggeration but you get the idea.

His hands were folded in front of his chest as he stood with perfect posture. So perfect that it almost looked comical.