Eat a Slug

If you punch yourself and it hurts, are you strong or are you weak?

Man, that one was a classic.

If you buy a bigger bed, then you have more bedroom, but less bedroom.

Whoa.

Never thought about that.

"Miss Wright."

Huh, I wonder if I ever ate the egg from the same chicken I had also eaten.

Are oranges called oranges because oranges are orange?

Or the colour orange is called orange because oranges are orange?

"May I have your attention, Miss Wright?"

Wait, why do I feel like I heard that name before?

"Miss Maybelle Wright!"

Yep! Definitely heard that name before. But where?

Wait...

I am Maybelle Wright!

That means the teacher is calling me...

Before the girl could respond, a sharp piece if chalk came flying at her and hit the centre of her head. She jumped in her seat and her eyes landed on the Defense against the dark arts teacher. She gave the man a nervous smile while rubbing her forehead to soothe the pain.

Professor Dumbledore only stared at her with those intelligent blue eyes. That was the third time in a row she had been caught spacing out in his class. She could tell that he was not happy at all.

"Miss Wright, the first three years you have shown better results compared to this year. I had high expectations from you."

She only kept her eyes on the wooden desk in shame. The last three years went like breeze. Fourth-year was the time when she finally decided to work on the plans. But the main reason why she couldn't concentrate in the class was that she already knew everything. But her main motive was to keep a low profile, especially when she had to do the class along with the Slytherins.

Tom had already gained the title of the most talented Wizard of their batch and he wore the medal with pride. He had already gathered his gang of notorious Slytherins who followed him like loyal dogs.

She could hear Dumbledore sighing in disappointment. She bit down her lips in shame and sank down in her seat.

"As I was saying, today we will try out some defence spell. For that, I need you, people, to take a few steps back."

Everyone followed the old man's words and created space in front of them. Maybelle was seated at the last so when she saw students coming out she moved and squeezed herself against the wall to hide her face as much as possible.

With a gentle flick of his wand, Dumbledore arranged a duelling table in the middle of the class.

"Now, we will start with a simple disarming spell. It goes as ' Expelliarmus '. So, how about we choose some of you?"

Maybelle mentally cursed and slowly sank down on the floor behind all the students.

"Mr Riddle! How about you show us?"

Please don'ts choose me. Please don't choose me...

Maybelle chanted the same sentence in her head like a mantra. She was successful to avoid any kind of magic for the last three years and she didn't want to break her record today. Especially not in that particular subject. It was quite ironic, to be honest. She herself had dark magic in her blood and she had to learn to defend against it. So, technically she was learning to defend herself from her.