Zayden had a cat. The day the boy had brought him, Maybelle started hating the little creature with all her passion.

"Do you have to take it with you?"

Zayden walked ahead of her with his cat curled in his arms.

"It has a name. And yes, I have to take Snowy with me. What I don't understand is, why do you hate him so much?"

Maybelle rolled her eyes and opened one compartment to find it empty. She entered inside knowing that the boy will follow her anyways.

"I hate him because he has an evil side that he hides from you!"

Zayden gave her a blank look and continued to pet the cat. Snowy lifted his head and stared at the fuming girl with an arrogant expression.

"See! He's giving me the look," Maybelle explained while pointing at her. The boy shook his head and chose to ignore her. Maybelle grumbled under her breath and flooded down on the opposite seat.

"You are only feeding its pride by ignoring me," she mumbled with a visible pout on her lips.

The boy smirked and set the cat aside. He stood up and crouched down at her height. He pointed an accusing finger at her nose, "Say it, you are jealous."

Maybelle gasped and glanced up at him. How dare he accuse her of getting jealous of a mere cat!

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!

"Are too!"

"What is there to be jealous anyway. You are just some stupid boy. You are obviously not my friend. I don't even care when you don't even talk to me and that cat. I obviously never notice you ignoring me because you are busy feeding that thing. And I-"

Maybelle stopped when Zayden crushed her with a tight hug. She let out a few dry coughs and slapped his arms to get off of her.

"Let go! Zayden, you have three seconds before I flip you over my head."

The warning seemed to turn to deaf ears. Zayden only tightened his big and buried his face into her hair.

"I'm sorry!" He mumbled.

"It's...okay. can't......breathe," Maybelle wheezed but he didn't let go.

"It's the first time you showed that you actually see me as your friend. So, let me celebrate."

Maybelle let out a breath and relaxed her shoulder. She stopped struggling completely and received the hug. Her face was pressed against his small chest giving her less scope to breathe. But she endured it.

Zayden had made her life a bit more interesting. She knew that she had a shoulder to lean against. Though she always told him to go away, to stay back both of them knew that they cared about each other. One just showed it and the other kept it hidden.

"May I sit here? Only if I am not invading....your privacy," a voice trailed off. Maybelle peered from a small crack between Zayden's arms and her eyes widened dramatically. She patted his arms in a hurry and his her face further into his robes.

Zayden looked down at the girl in confusion, the behaviour was very out of character for her.

"Hood...hide...face," she managed to say those three words praying that the dumb boy would get the message. Guess it was her lucky day. Zayden got the message immediately and pulled the hood of her cloak over her head. He then released the girl from his embrace making her almost fly to the corner of the compartment.