Rom Widdle

Ignis flapped her wings violently, clearly uncomfortable with all the people around her. It had been a week since she was adopted by Maybelle and within such a short span of time, the duo had gotten rather close. But not as close as the black puppy which was named Cerebus by the little girl herself.

Cerebus was snuggled in her arms as his crimson eyes observed his surroundings carefully. The Wright and the Parks were already in station 9 3/4. Helena had her one arm wrapped around Andrew while her other hand was engaged in wiping the never-ending waterfall from her eyes.

Zayden was getting some last-minute scolding from Mrs Parks about manners but Maybelle knew well enough that her words were hitting a blank wall. She glanced down at Cerebus and hugged the puppy for one last time before the farewell. Her lips merely touched his small forehead when she handed him over to Andrew. The puppy whined in protest as if sensing her departure but Maybelle just ignored him.

She swore she saw Ignis looking a bit smug as if saying that now she had Maybelle all to herself. She shook her head and dismissed the thoughts quickly. The rumble under her feet indicated that the train was nearby.

She heard Andrew heave a deep sigh as he placed a firm hand on her shoulder. Maybelle looked up at him with her big brown eyes while a small smile played on her pink lips.

"Maybelle, remember what we have taught you, okay? Keep your magic hidden and don't do anything to grab much attention. Just know that you are the greatest witch of all time and you don't have to prove it to anyone else. Understood?"

Maybelle nodded when a line popped up in her head. She grabbed Andrew's hand in hers, "Conceal, don't feel, don't let it show?"

Andrew raised a quizzical eyebrow but shook his head eventually. He was already used to Maybelle singing unknown songs and throwing random dialogues all the time.

"Yes, Maybelle. Something like that."

It was Helena's turn to say something but the woman was a mess. She blew her nose in her handkerchief not very elegantly and started her speech in the midst of violent sobs.

"Know that......we love you. No jumping and running around. No.....intense training. Be a good lady and......and......make us proud," she finished and buried her head into her husband's shoulder.

Maybelle covered her face in embarrassment and nodded away to every word. Her ears perked up when she heard the familiar whistle of the train. She gathered her things quickly and did a last check. The train stopped by giving out a gust of steam making her hair fly all over the place. A sigh escaped her lips. Helena had spent two hours after her hair but it just went in vain. Not that she was complaining. Wild hair gave her a sense of freedom and made her feel a bit rebellious.

"Let's go, May! We have to find the best seat," Zayden said and started pulling her hands.

"Okay! Slow down."

Maybelle hugged Helena and Andrew for one last time and pushed Zayden to do the same to his parents before grabbing her things and boarding the train.

Holy mother of sweet peas I am on the train!

Her inner fangirl started acting up again. Thanks to Andrew, no one could hear her thoughts unless they actually tried hard enough. But the inside of her head, like memories, was not even possible to enter due to her strong occlumency skills.

Maybelle placed her trunk and owl cage in the storage lobby with the help of Zayden. Ignis had hooted in protest so that she would not leave her behind. As she was quite well mannered, Maybelle had agreed to take her with them.