The Monster He is

Leo was shivering like crazy. The pain that she felt was something she never felt before. Did Tom use the cruciatus curse on her? Every bone in her body was cracking and again joining at the same time. Her limbs were being torn apart and healed again and again. But whatever she felt was inside her. There was no blood, no scar, not even a hint of torture.

Leo couldn't even scream out in pain. Her voice was lost somewhere. Her mouth was sealed and her teeth were glued together. The only thing she could do was squirm on the muddy ground.

She felt like it would go on forever through eternity. But the pain stopped all of a sudden. It kind of felt odd as she could not feel anything anymore. She could finally open her mouth. She took in huge gasps of air greedily to bring back any kind of sensation in her body.

Her eyes roamed around her surroundings. She knew the place very well. The incidents that happened years ago was still engraved in her mind. The green forest was the same. So silent, so peaceful. The murky waters of the lake were calm.

Her ears perked up when laughter filled the air. She widened her eyes to look around it to see the last person she wanted to see.

He had a huge grin on his face as he came running towards her. She tried to back away from him. It was too painful to see him so alive. She got to her feet from the muddy ground to run away from him as far as possible.

"Leo, wait! You can't leave me again," he grabbed her hand and started pulling her towards the water.

"No. Let go of me. Please," she begged but he had a strong grip. Too strong for a 14-year-old boy.

"I have come to take you with me this time. We will go home, together," he said and grinned. Leo watched in horror. His body started to morph into something else. His hair turned silky green and he had seaweed draped all over his body.

"Chen, let go of me," her voice cracked but her childhood friend was dragging her into the waters.

"Don't cry, sweet little Leo. I will keep you safe. The last time I confessed, you left me forever. This time I will make you mine," he giggled.

They were already in the water. Leo stretched her neck as much as she could so that she was not fully submerged in the green waters of the lake. All her memories of Chen flashed in front of her eyes. At that time, Leo still had a happy family. He was her best friend.

They shared every secret, supported each other all the time. They were inseparable from one another. But she lost him only because she was weak.

It was a family picnic in the same place she was stuck now. Leo and Chen were playing by the lake, throwing pebbles in the water. But Chen had suddenly confessed to her about his feelings. Leo wanted to knock some sense into him. She never saw him as a lover, she didn't even need one as long as he was there for her. But before she could do anything, Chen had attempted to kiss her. Out of reflex, she had pushed him off of her making him fall into the waters.

It was too fast for anyone to understand. One second they were on the ground and the next second she was pulled into the waters along with him. They both knew how to swim but when they were almost ashore, Chen started screaming.

The next events were just a blur. Chen's body was pulled inside the lake by some unnatural force. Leo's parents were fast to pull her away from the lake. Then she was suddenly in her best friend's funeral. The memories were blurry and brought back a lot of pain.

She focused on her present surroundings to see Chen grinning at her. His teeth were sharp razors. Leo was floating on the water in front of him.

"You look so beautiful, Leona. I always dreamt about having you by my side," he whispered and caressed her tear-stained cheeks.