The Cave

Days turned into weeks and weeks blend into months. Leo had been keeping to herself in that hell hole of an orphanage. Her mind would reel with many questions every day but they would be left unanswered. She would spend her nights thinking about her parents and crying herself to sleep.

She had been so selfish, so cruel. Just so that she could escape her problems, she left her mother alone to survive on her own. She truly felt like an orphan. Dennis and Billy had made sure to call her name's every single day and she had to refrain herself from striking back. She wanted to keep a low profile and try her best not to end up like the same Leo she was in her previous life.

The one good thing that happened to her was that she found out she had magical powers. Though she was not sure that it was actually a good thing. At first, she thought that she was just another Muggle in this reality too but last week her powers suddenly showed up.

She was sitting all alone at one corner of the playground trying to ignore the other children. But her peaceful time was soon interrupted when a very hardball had hit her head.

She looked around to see who the culprit was only to see a few elder boys laughing at her. They approached her with arrogant smirks on their faces.

"Why don't you pick up the ball, little girl," the tallest one teased her.

"You have a good pair of hands and legs. Do it yourself," Leo snapped and immediately widened her eyes. She had no intention of being sassy towards anyone. It was just one of her bad habits. She stared at the gaping boys with a very nervous smile.

Leo quickly stood up from her place and started walking away. But before she could walk two steps, her fragile body was shoved back on the ground.

"This one here needs to know her place. How bout' we teach her some lesson?"

Leo was pulled up into a standing position by grabbing her hair. She let out a loud cry and scratched the boy's hand.

"Let go of me!"

The reply only was waves of laughter. Leo clenched her jaw and tried to break free from the death grip. For once she tried to be the nice person and look how it turned out. Her anger was getting the best of her. If only her arms and legs were not so short, she could use all those karate lessons she took back at her own school.

There was a burning sensation between her chest which was rising up her throat. For a moment, she even forgot about the pain caused by the boy who was still pulling her hair. Her hands clutched the fabric above her chest in pain. It was unbearable like something was trying to break free from within her. Her anger got the best of her and she screamed at top of her lungs.

The next second, her hair was released and the boys in front of her were on the ground writhing in pain. Leo stumbled backwards with a hand over her mouth. Her eyes were blurred with tears and her hands were shaking violently.

The burning in her chest was still present making her fall on the ground. The boys screamed louder and she covered her ears.

Make it stop. Please, make it STOP!

And just like that, everything stopped on its own. The boys got up from the ground looking like zombies. Their eyes had a dazed look.

"What happened?" One of them asked.

"I...I don't know. Why were we here in the first place?"

The words of confusion proved that they had no idea what had just happened. Leo also got to her feet and dashed away from the scenario. She was scared. Her magic didn't feel right. She never even read anything about any magic like that in the books.