She is the Villain

Start from the beginning

Sure, there were people out there with bigger problems, but that didn't make her struggles any less valid. She was tired of being a chameleon, blending in with her surroundings just to please others.

She was so busy creating a hard shell around her that she never took notice of the growing void inside her.

Her daydreaming session was rudely interrupted by a sharp jab in her ribs. She turned her attention to Noi Noi, her one and only friend in the whole Science ward. 

Noi Noi was a lively bundle of energy, her vibrant personality matched by her equally colourful appearance. Her jet-black hair cascaded down her back in wild waves, contrasting with her fair complexion. Her almond-shaped eyes sparkled with mischief, framed by long lashes that seemed to flutter with every playful glance. A mischievous grin adorned her face, revealing a set of pearly white teeth. She possessed a contagious enthusiasm that made her presence impossible to ignore. Noi Noi's fashion sense was as bold as her personality, often sporting eclectic outfits that combined patterns, textures, and accessories. Whether it was her infectious laughter, mischievous gaze, or fearless sense of style, Noi Noi was the only source of colour in Leo's black-and-white world.

Leo raised an eyebrow at Noi Noi's exasperated sigh, a look of nonchalance clear on her face, "Oh, dinner time already?"

Noi Noi rolled her eyes, but a mischievous glimmer danced in them. "You, my dear friend, are a special kind of talent. Now, come on, let's go fill our tummies."

Leo gave her a disdainful glare and began organizing her books. The looming test tomorrow had her feeling like a lost cause since she hadn't studied a single thing. Noi Noi yanked her hand and forcefully dragged her towards the exit of their dorm.

Now, you might be wondering, what's the big deal about reaching the exit?

Let me enlighten you.

Between the study room and the exit of the dorm, there stood a giant wall mirror. And let me tell you, as soon as the study hour was over, it was like a war. The girls would charge towards that mirror like it held the secret to eternal beauty. It was a sight to behold, or rather, a sight that would haunt poor Leo's dreams.

But you see, Noi Noi and Leo were the exceptions to this. They couldn't be bothered with such trivial matters of appearance. Especially not while going for dinner. They had bigger fish to fry (like surviving that upcoming test without having a meltdown).

And let me set the record straight, folks. Leo and Noi Noi weren't part of some grand anti-beauty revolution. Nope, they were just plain old lazy. Sure, they wouldn't mind giving their skin a little TLC if time allowed, but let's face it, time is money and they had neither.

After navigating through a sea of highly hormonal teenagers, they finally reached the exit. Being the model students that they were, they stood in their designated spots and patiently waited for the rest of the girls to form a queue. Yes, it was one of those strict boarding schools where even a whisper could get you in trouble.

"Shit, I can't stand here," Leo sighed.

"Oh, yeah. I totally forgot that you are the dormitory in charge," Noi Noi agreed and tried her best not to laugh at her miserable state.

"I swear, being a monitor is the worst. No pay, just pure hate," Leo complained.

"Come on, don't be such a sourpuss. Nobody forced you to be the perfect student. It was all you," Noi Noi teased, barely able to contain her amusement.

Leo muttered a few colourful words under her breath, playfully flipped her friend off, and then begrudgingly made her way back into the dorms.

Noi Noi could hear Leo's furious roars from where she stood, causing her to shake her head in amusement. That girl was a unique blend of selflessness and selfishness, a character so complex that it defied simple description.