Chapter 18- Attention please, thank you

Izuku wakes up tucked into his All Might sheets, his Eraserhead figure tucked in on his right while Present Mic was tucked in on his left. He sat up in his little bed, and almost as if on autopilot, grabs his stuffed bear off the floor and immediately sets off across the hall to find his dads.

He rubs a palm over his nose, sniffles, and goes to Shouta's side of the bed (Izuku has learned that he always sleeps on the right and his arm always hangs off the bed) and pulls on Shouta's sleeve.

Two seconds later he is scooped and lifted onto the bed, plopped in the middle, and tucked in between his dad's warm bodies. It's a daily routine. And it's Izuku's favorite.

Snack time, playtime, and nap time come in at a close second.

-

"Oue!"

"Sh- oe." Hizashi sounds out as he rips the velcro on Izuku's baby converse. Izuku tilts his head curiously. Sh- oe.

"Oue!" He squeals out again, extremely proud of himself. He got it! He had to be the best talkerer ever. He was sure of it.

Hizashi laughs as he slips on the sneaker. "Good job!"

See? Even his papa thought so.

A couple of minutes later, Shouta comes over with a bowl of blueberry oatmeal (the only way Izuku tolerates oats) and leans down to kiss Hizashi.

Izuku stares at the two, and then his bowl with frustration, reaching for it only for it to be out of his grip.

How rude!

"Ah! Mimme!" Izuku screams, kicking Hizashi's leg to let the pair know how frustrated he was at their- whatever it is they were doing. Face punching or whatever.

"Shit," Hizashi mutters, letting go of the kiss and rubbing his leg. Shouta laughs, setting down the bowl and spoon for Izuku and kissing Hizashi's cheek.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fi-"

"Huh? I was talking to Izuku." Shouta smiled teasingly and Hizashi pouted.

"Mean."

"Aw."

-

"Izuku! Zu! Who am I?"

Izuku titled his head from his spot on the floor, crawling over and grabbing the block from the pink girl's hand. He was sitting on my blanket playing while Shouta taught his class, meanwhile students kept sneaking up, trying to get him to speak.

He stared at the girl for a while before hearing someone whisper out "Mina" and Izuku repeated it without a second thought.

"Mima!"

"Ah!!" Mina gasped, smiling and happy and practically floating back to her seat. Izuku was happy he could make the pink girl smile. He giggled and held the block in his chubby hand, stacking it on top of his tower.

He was so close to being done, but he was missing one block left. He looked everywhere on his small blue blanket, but it was nowhere to be found.

Oh! He remembers he threw his blocks around the room earlier. His Daddy said he had to pick them all up or else he gets a time out. He's still not speaking to Daddy for that.

What a meanie.

He spots his block over by the pale yellow-haired kid who he remembers Papa calling him Katsuki once.

Izuku pushes himself up on his two legs, running over to the back of the room to grab his block from underneath the boy's desk. He needs to complete his tower.