Secretly Seventy

Depuis le début

Like, seriously, since when was I this helpless? Since the apocalypse begun, dumbass. Right. Of course.

It was about time for my next 30 second interval of sprinting as fast as I could. I sped up, zooming around the farm, passing the point where I had started running two laps ago and slowing to a stop thirty seconds later.

Leaning over, my hands rested on my thighs as my chest heaved, my throat dry. I stretched up, shrugging off my backpack which was two large red bricks heavier then usual for strength training, and pulled one of my water bottles out of it.

The sound of footsteps coming toward me from the direction had me looking up. My favourite Korean appeared within my vision as I drank. I waved a hand at him as I chugged half my water down.

"Hey, Harpie, you've been working out." I screwed the top onto my old mountain dew bottle, gulping down the last of my water, then laughing.

"Glad you've noticed, honey." I flexed my arm. "You like what you see?" I asked him, winking. He started laughing.

"Definitely, Harpie, definitely, let me take that bag, your legs are probably jelly now." I chuckled.

"You're not wrong, Pizza God." Shoving my water back into the bag and zipping it up before I handed it to him, not warning him about the bricks.

Glenn took the bag, and it dropped like a stone, bringing him down with it. I threw my head back, laughing like it was the end of the world.

"Jesus Christ, Harpie!!! This is really heavy!! What the hell do you have in it!! It looks so empty!"

Chuckling to myself, I flashed him a wink. "The kitchen sink."

Glenn eyes me questioningly. "It doesn't look like there's a sink in here...?"

I sighed. "It's a British expression. It pretty much means everything."

"Oh, right." Glenn chuckled. "Or should I say, right-o?" He imitated a posh British accent and I snorted.

"Okay, wise guy." He rolled his eyes jokingly. "Do you mind taking that to my tent? And could you ask Carol to take my breakfast up with Daryl's?"

Glenn grinned. "You gonna go see your new boyfriend?"

I groaned. "Is this ever gonna get old for you?"

"Nope!" He popped the 'p', and skipped off in direction of camp, turning to me half-way there, only to make kissy faces at me. I groaned, heading up the porch, bumping into someone.

Maggie quirked an eyebrow at me. "Glenn's being an asshat, and he's becoming more and more like me and I hate it." Maggie laughed.

"Bet he learns from the best though." I chuckled.

"You're right, he does." Maggie patted my shoulder and we parted.

I headed straight for Daryl's room and threw open the door. Squirrel Boy jump out of his skin as I slammed the door shut and collapsed into the chair beside his bed. Slumping into the seat, I closed my eyes, head leaning back.

"Could ya be any louder?" Daryl's sleep laced voice groaned, the duvet rustling. I opened one eye lazily, a sprawling grin coming over my face. Only a few tufts of his hair and his closed eyes were visible under the sheets.

"Lots." He groaned again.

"I shouldn't've asked." I chuckled, closing my eye again and sinking further into the chair. "I saw ya runnin' a couple o' laps, ya tired now?"

"Yep. Thought I could get a few seconds of sleep in this chair." I frowned for a second. "You seen Xena?"

"Ya, she came in with Rick earlier, before I saw ya runnin'." I chuckled.