So Pointless

*unedited

Harper

I grunted as I ducked to get through the cut in the fence which Rick held open for me. When I straightened up on the other side of the fence, I winced. I'm pretty sure all four boys frowned at my wince.

"Oh come on, don't you lot start pitying me." Glenn rolled his eyes.

"It's not pity it's a concern for you, Harpie." He chuckled. "For someone so good at reading people, I thought you'd be able to see that."

My snort of amusement was cut off abruptly by the searing pain of my disgruntled ribs. I bit back the groan that tried to surface from my mouth. "Oh, shut it, God of all things Dominoes." I quipped, "Pity and Concern interlock like a padlock. There's barely a difference."

Glenn laughed. "Yeah, yeah, okay Miss Body-Language-Is-My-Thing-Asshole."

I couldn't help the wheeze of painful laughter that escaped my lips. Okay, he's getting good at comebacks.

I gingerly pressed a hand to my ribs, making a face mixed with pain and discomfort. "Yeah, no, don't worry 'bout me. I've had much worse, trust me. I'm just being a pussy." Daryl scoffed.

"Ya ain't foolin' anyone, Captain. Yer not alrigh'." I slapped his arm.

"You're supposed to back me, asshole." He snorted.

"I ain't backin' a loosin' side, darlin'." I groaned as we turned the corner to notice that the cube van we'd driven in here was gone.

"Oh my God." Glenn murmured.

"Where the Hell's our van?" Daryl asked, seemingly enraged.

"Did we-- park somewhere else?" I asked dumbly.

Glenn answered my question. "We left it right there. Who would take it?"

I gulped.

I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to that, Glenn. "Merle," Rick answered with the name of the one man that we all knew would definitely steal our van to get a one-up on us and make it back to camp to beat ass before we did.

"He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp," Daryl muttered. I looked around them.

"Oh, come on, don't tell me we're running back..." I groaned.

"Your ribs suddenly that bad?" T-dog asked, joking.

"As a matter of fact--" My pride cut myself off. "Not all military have this affiliation with keeping fit. I, for one, hate track with a passion."

"C'mon, Army girl. Ya can tough it out." Daryl beckoned as we began jogging at a pace I could keep up with.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "'Cause I'm military. Through and through." I hissed the words out supervisor back in the army used to say under my breath. "If that supervisor isn't already dead, I'll make sure he is," I muttered, promising myself that.

------

Harper

We weren't far from the camp when we heard the unmistakeable ringing of gunshots on the air.

"SHIT!" I growled, stealing what adrenaline I have left and powered myself, speeding into camp at an unrivalled pace. I immediately threw myself into combat, hand to hand, with the corpses. That was until someone yelled my name.

"HARPER! PLEASE! PLEASE! YOU HAVE TO HELP HER!" It was Andrea. I followed the voice and found Amy losing her life on the floor beside the RV. My mouth went dry. She had a bite on her forearm.