Classic Baseball Bat-tering

*unedited

Harper

I stood, a sour as all balls look on my face, just inside the doors to G's place. Let's just say, I'm not too happy that it's actually come to this.

"I see my guns but they're not all in the bag." Guillermo, if he doesn't keep his filthy eyes off these guns, looks like he's one step away from drooling uncontrollably over our weaponry. It isn't a good look, wanna-be gangster. I snorted in amusement at my own thoughts, but I'm more than certain that G took it to heart.

"That's because they're not yours. I thought we mentioned that." Rick answered smoothly, gesturing between our group.

The asshole who'd taken an arrow to the ass and a blade to the shoulder spoke up. "Let's just shoot these fools right now, ese. All right? Unload on their asses, ese."

I had to stop myself from snorting. He's an idiot. T, Daryl and I had immediately scoped this place out for hiding places and decided on a plan of action. Daryl was to drag Rick out or the thick of it while T-dog covered him and I covered T-dog. We would sneak behind the junk scattered around this place as Daryl and I sniped them, one by one.

"I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation." G began, appearing to me to be stalling for time. He's nervous about killing us. I deduced silently.

"No, I'm pretty clear." Rick cut the ties on both men and shoved them forward. Thankfully, the guy who'd beat me black and blue had woken up a little while ago, so he didn't need holding up anymore. "You have your men. I want mine."

I gritted my teeth, gun ready to be aimed at the nearest guy who looked unafraid to shoot one of us in the head if it came to it. "I'm gonna chop up your boy. I'm gonna feed him to my dogs. They're the evilest, nastiest man-eating bitches you ever saw. I picked them up from Satan at a yard sale. I told you how it has to be. Are you woefully deaf?" I growled under my breath, and G's eyes flickered over to meet mine, he seemed startled by the murderous look in my eyes.

"You do that and you'll get more than just the fuck ton of lead that's about to block up your arteries." I snarled at him. A flicker of fear danced across his irises, his face paling somewhat.

"No, my hearing's fine. You said come locked and loaded." At Rick's words, Daryl, T-dog, and I cock our weapons and aim them at our soon to be first victims. These were the ones we'd weeded out to be the most capable of killing living men. I begrudgingly let Rick take aim at G's head. "Okay then, we're here."

Just when we were about to let loose, an old, fragile-looking woman came hurtling down into the room, yelling at the top of her lungs. "Felipe! Felipe!" She pushes her way through the armed men and waddled up toward Man-Who-I'd-Jammed-My-Good-Throwing-Knife-Into.

The same guy turned to the old woman and spoke calmly to her, in such a caring way that I almost forgot how much he hated my guts. Almost. "Abuela, go back with the others—now."

Daryl raised his voice. "Get that old lady out o' the line o' fire!"

"Shut it, Daryl! Let me admire this pretty lady for a little while longer." I hissed at him.

"Are ya crazy, Harper?!" Daryl raised his voice at me.

"You already know the answer to that, Squirrel Boy."

He growled lowly a "Shut it, Marine." And turned his furious eyes on the man he was poised to shoot, the man, now visibly quivering in his boots had his gun aimed shakily back at Daryl.

"I shut up on my own terms, Jackass." He growled lowly a warning to me and I considered teaching him a lesson right fucking now, but I knew that was a fast track to a useless death.