Caregiver | Part 45

Start from the beginning

There's just so much that Aunt Shin wanted to say to Taehyung, but she didn't want to add more pressure to him considering that he was already in a very difficult situation.

"Either way, I hope you can put it aside for a while and come downstairs for breakfast. Remember what Suyin always told you about breakfast?"

He smiled and chuckled in between his tears. "She said never to skip breakfast."

The smile on his face gave so much relief to the housekeeper. "That's right. Come down whenever you're ready."

Right after the housekeeper left, Taehyung was now back with loneliness. But this time he felt a little bit more content after she mentioned you just now.

One lovely memory he had with you made him happier even if it's a small one.

After breakfast, he was getting ready as he was planning to go somewhere. His mom was at the bottom of the stairs when he pattered down the stairs like he was in a rush.

"Going somewhere?" She asked.

"Yup. I'm going to pick up Dami and hangout with her for a while." Said Taehyung.

"Oh! That's... great! Have fun and be careful!"

"Oh, I heard you call me just now. Sorry for that because I was in the bathroom. What is it?" He asked while putting on his shoes.

"Oh, I was just about to tell you something, but none of that is important now." She said.

He noticed the phone his mom clasped in her arms, therefore he was not really convinced. "You sure? You might forget about it later when I get back." He insisted, but his mom shook her head, beating his insistence.

"Yes I'm sure. Just go and have fun. Don't worry it can wait."

He shrugged, the corner of his lips stretched into a smile. "Okay then. I'm going now."

The moment he closed the door, his mom put her hands on her chest together with the phone she carried the entire time. She smiled, and shed some tears of joy.

"Mrs Kim? Are you okay?"

Aunt Shin came out of nowhere and shocked to see her crying for no reason. Taehyung's mom looked at the housekeeper and shook her head.

"I'm more than okay." She replied in a shaky voice.

~ 🍂🍂 ~

Three cars neatly parked in the garage, and he chose to drive the old car that still in good condition. Rich guy like him, or make it rich people in general, would never even wish to roam around the city in a car that is worth to be demolished for steel mill.

He remembered that one time when he used to buy a brand new handbag for you, but you refused to replace it with your one and only favourite sling bag.

"My sling bag may look ugly and worn out, but it was the first bag that I ever bought with my own money when I was a part-timer before. As long as I can put my things in it and the strap hasn't break yet, it is still new to me."

He smiled to himself when he recalled back the scene afterward where you tried so hard to apologize for the gift rejection. He didn't upset that time, as he actually amazed by the way you value such thing.

That's all in the past now.

Upon arriving in front of your brother's house, the front door opened and a six years old little girl ran all the way down the concrete staircase to her excitement.

"Uncle Tae!" The little girl exclaimed, and jumped right into Taehyung's arms.

Your brother let out a sigh for having a mini heart attack while watching your niece who never care to mind her steps when she ran.