Caregiver | Part 5

(A/N: So I changed Y/N to Su Yin haha ~ there you have it. You are Lee Suyin *or if you like it to be spelled it as Sooyin let me know)

You stood very still, don't know how to act or say. A simple and short word 'thanks' somehow made your day, also left you speechless. You watched him as he went to his room and locked himself up, still in disbelief with what just happened.

"Did he– he said– thanks? Thanks?!" You recalled back, unable to process the situation in your head. So you made your way to his door and replied, "You're welcome!" You smiled, and continued with your job. Everything went back to normal, but you still couldn't help feeling so proud with yourself as if you had just tamed a rude person.

You completed the morning tasks, then proceeded to your next task.

Afternoon:
Prepare lunch
Set the dining table ready
Clean up the room
Medication
Coffee (around 3 pm)
Ask if he needs help

You went through the meals he had to eat, and you felt a bit sorry for him with his dietary restrictions. No sweets at all. You understood the reasoning behind it, especially the amount of protein needed for the healing of his broken arm. 'Poor guy. It must've been a while since he had his last favourite food'– you thought.

Suddenly you were thinking of making his favourite food, and you were halfway there reaching his door when you halted. 'But what if, he gets mad all over again?'– you thought for the second time, and decided to discontinue despite the sympathy you had for him. You didn't want risk your job either.

After you've done preparing lunch, you went to his door, calling him out for his lunch time. You didn't wait for him to respond as you already expected the silence or ignorance you got in return.

But what you did not expect at all, is that the moment you walked away, that wooden door of his was actually opened. You turned to your back, couldn't believe at your own sight.

He's not in his room anymore. He's outside, and now on his way to the dining room.

You became speechless, as you didn't even think that he would actually respond even though he didn't said a word to you.

He positioned himself right in front of the food, his other hand reached the nearest spoon and start enjoying his lunch in silence, well, food that prepared by you.

You were so itch to help. But you hold it back because you kinda get it now that he doesn't really need your help most of the time if he can do it by himself. Taking over everything that he was capable of was not only annoying, but made him felt helpless too.

You smiled as you watched him satisfying his long gone appetite from afar. "Enjoy your lunch, Mr Kim. I'll be in the living room if you need anything." You said, leaving him to eat peacefully behind.

There's literally nothing to be cleaned in the living room. Nothing to sweep either. The whole room was just as clean and untouchable as the first time you set foot in the house. You wanted to clean up his room instead but the inner you insisted not to cross the line of his privacy.

It's kind of odd that as much as you displeased by this man, you still want to give your full respect on him. You also wanted him to give cooperation help ease your job a bit.

It didn't took that long when you heard a creak sound of a door followed by the sound of its closed, assuming that he already finished his lunch and went back to his normal routine. Which is also your cue to clean up the dining table.