Caregiver | Part 13

"Please?"

You became speechless, because that was very much unexpected. Your lips twitching as you wanted to say something but you couldn't think of any proper words. And the real reason behind your speechless was the situation you're in.

He held your hand like his whole life was depending on it.

"Um... I, uh... you wouldn't, mind though...?" You put up the most awkward smile you can ever showed him, reluctant to the lunch invitation.

"If I mind then I wouldn't even dare to ask." He said, along with a smile. That smile of his was really irresistible which had you subconsciously nodded. He took the extra plate and put it on the side of the table where you were. "Ah thank you so much." You thanked him the moment he handed over a spoon and a fork to you.

You pulled the chair under the table and sat down, avoiding eye contact with Taehyung across the table as you took a few portion of the Japchae to your plate. Then you enjoyed the meal in such awkward atmosphere where the only sound you heard throughout the room was the clinking sound of the spoon against the ceramic plate.

You were very much indulged in the food that you noticed a tiny piece of the meat flew off, and it was from you. You stopped and jerked your head up, nervously looking at Taehyung who had his head bowed the entire time. He seemed to be unaware of his surroundings, completely indulged in the taste of his favourite food. Seeing him unbothered by what happened just now, you continued with the remaining food in your plate and hoping that he didn't noticed that. Well, his bangs were down so it might helped you with the unnoticeable.

"I saw that."

You stopped again, slowly lookep up to him. He also did the same, and both of you exchanging look together for a moment. You held in your laugh, but Taehyung noticed that you tried so hard not to laugh so he ended up being the first one to laugh.

You couldn't laugh because your mouth was full, so you just sat there and face all smiling. The tiny piece of a meat that flew off was on the floor near your foot, and you bent over sideways to pick it up. But, upon getting back up again you accidentally hit your head at the edge of the table. You winced, placing your hand on the area of your head where the pain was.

You managed to get back to your seated position, hand still on your head. Taehyung was laughing at the flying tiny piece of meat he saw earlier, now he's having a good time laughing at your clumsiness.

You chewed the food in your mouth, and once the inside of your mouth was cleared, you winced again. "Ow~!" He be laughing like there's no tomorrow, and you began to feel annoyed by it. But most of the time you were completely mad at yourself for the self humiliation.

"Life's good, life's great. All is well." You muttered under your breath. The pain was now gone, and so did Taehyung's laugh. "How on earth that you noticed it? I mean, if I were you I couldn't even saw it under those long bangs." You blurted out your question, finished off the remaining food in your plate.

"It was pretty obvious. I flipped my bangs when it happens." He replied, and you relinquished your attempt to hide away your embarrassment since you couldn't do anything to erase the embarrassing moments in front of him.

"Right. Please forget whatever you witnessed just now, alright?"

He nodded, but his face looked like he was trying to hold in his laugh. "Can't promise. But I'll try."

Gone the Japchae, now left with empty plates. You got up from your seat and cleaned up the table without wasting time. Taehyung went to the sitting room, watching some movies in the Netflix. You proceeded with the dishwashing, and somehow washing dishes made you feel more content. You washed everything until there's no more left in the sink, so you filled a glass with a plain water for Taehyung to take his medication.