Caregiver | Part 33

"I love you."

You held your breath for a while. 'Am I hearing something? Or is it just me?'

Nope. You surely heard that right. As you slowly breathed out you looked down to his face. Seems like he's already lost into his dreamland.

He probably thought of his once dear love life, or his friends. Could be a little thought of his parents. Why would you be in it?

You're just a caregiver. His caregiver. Giving yourself a little credit, his successful caregiver. Either way, he said those three words subconsciously definitely not directed to you.

You struggled to free yourself from his arm. He's in his deep sleep yet the strong grip of his arm felt like as if he was still awake. But in the end you're able to escape from his embrace.

You stood by the bed, watching him sleeping peacefully. You fixed his hair and let his forehead exposed. How can a guy like him be hella beautiful even while he was asleep?

It's getting late, and you have to go back to the mansion and get some rest. You've had enough with the drama although you were not involved in it. Surely you're physically exhausted by just standing right next to Taehyung and had to listen to every confessions revealed by that Namjoon guy. But you put it aside as you could imagine how mentally exhausted Taehyung was as he's the main topic between their arguments.

The mansion was quiet and only few lights were on, so you assumed that everyone in that big house already went to bed. You locked the front door and then proceeded your way to your room. Correction, his room.

The room he got there surely comfortable for you to stay, but there's one thing that you dislike about his room. It made you feel lonely. But funny thing is, you're actually getting used to the loneliness.

Your whole body shivered the moment your bare feet touching the marble porcelain tiles. You hated it but still loving it at the same time.

The coldness then washed away as you turning on the shower which you adjusted the temperature to lukewarm. But it didn't really help to ease your mind.

You put on your pyjamas and tucked yourself into the bed, shutting your eyes and forced yourself to sleep. But the argument somehow took its toll on you that it messed with your head, which then triggered your insomnia.

You shut your eyes again, but it didn't work. You gave up.

You sluggishly got down from the bed, trudging your way down to the kitchen. You switched on one light which enough for you to take a look around the kitchen.

You targeted the fridge first, hoping that you could find something to help with your sleep deprivation. Of course it's wrong to do so since this was not even your house, but you didn't want to risk it and let Taehyung see you looking exhausted.

You couldn't find anything in the fridge, but the search for insomnia remedy didn't stop there as you moved to the cabinet and drawers there.

It's an unfortunate night for you as found nothing. You sighed, and gave up. 'Oh well... I guess plain water it is.'

With a heavy heart and pounding head you went for the water dispenser, filling up the empty glass in your hand to its half. You took a sip and turned around, and the peaceful drinking a half glass of water changed into some kind of eruption at your mouth.

A figure standing by the frame of the door made you jolted in utter shock, where the choking on water happened. You can feel the painful burn in your nose because the jolt was too much that the water went through your nose like a beach wave.