Caregiver | Part 32

"Kim Namjoon."

He jolted a bit when you said his name out loud. You didn't intend to scare him like that, but at least he knew that you're not afraid of him.

"Why are you here?" You asked again while looking at him with a very unfriendly face.

"I need to talk to Taehyung." He said, looking down at his feet instead of you.

The minute he told you his intention, you crossed your arms. He jerked his head up but still avoiding your unwavering stare.

"Just say it to my face and I will deliver your message to him."

Namjoon was surprised at your unexpected cold response to him, and you were even more surprised at yourself than he is. You never talk like that to anyone since you're the type of person who gives your full respect towards people you don't really know well.

Seems like you already knew enough about this Namjoon guy.

"Girl please—"

"My name is Suyin."

"I— okay Suyin. Please, I really need to talk to Taehyung!"

He finally had the courage to look at you in the eyes as he pleaded.

"And let you hurt Taehyung all over again? I don't think so." You clapped back at him. Apparently your voice was too loud that it caught Taehyung's attention.

"Suyin? What's going on? Who is it?" He asked, voice echoed throughout the living room.

Before you could answer him, you already heard the squeaky sound of his wheelchair coming towards you from behind. So you just spun yourself away.

"Kim Tae...!"

Namjoon greeted him in his unusual cheerful tone. But Taehyung was not having it. He abruptly halted the moment you unblocked the view.

"You..."

The only word that slipped out of Taehyung's. You knew how he's going to react the moment he saw his once, trusted friend again. So you moved and stayed closed to him for emotional support.

"Aye.... so, how are you doing, buddy?"

Silent.

"I guess you're doing fine then. And your hair, looks good on you." Namjoon chuckled nervously.

"What are you doing here?"

Taehyung asked the same question as yours, but the tone in his voice as he spoke... it gave you chills down to your spine.

"Okay um... I wanted to, talk to you."

You stole a glance at Taehyung. You tried to read his face, but you couldn't tell whether he was mad or sad. It seems like every emotion was mixed and therefore it confuses you.

"You f—k my girlfriend."

Hearing him swearing for the first time your eyes went wide open, applied the same to your mouth and you became speechless. You turned to Namjoon and it shocked you more that he's acting like it wasn't his first time hearing Taehyung said it.

"You were my friend, Namjoon. Tell me..." he paused, and you noticed he clenched his hand into a fist. You placed your hand onto his arm where you can feel the tense of his muscle.